TJ: AJ's Growing Up!! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-01-2007
Jeep Test Driver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default TJ: AJ's Growing Up!!

Well after two and a half years of abusing the TJ and it taking me places that I never thought possible in a stock 4x4, The time has come for my baby to grow up. I have had all sorts of ideas going round in my head but I eventually settled on waiting a little longer and saving some extra cash to do everything once and do it right. hence the 2.5 years of stock abuse. Below is my list of mods on the way and it will all begin at the end of the month, once troy gets all the gear in to his new shop!! I can't stand the wait, it's driving me crazy!

At the moment, the TJ already has a safari snorkle, warn rocksliders, ARB rear bar/tire carrier and GME 3400 radio.
On the way is:

RE 5.5" LA with tri-angulated rear
Super 30 ARB air locker
Dana 44 ARB air locker
4.88 ratios
HD SYE wit tailshaft
15x8 rims on 35" baja claws
7" warn flares
TBT flexi tie rod
2nd air internal beadlocks

anyway, will keep you all posted as I progress on the build up and I'm sure will be posting all sorts of questions when I run into trouble during the install! Also if you have any suggestions or pointers let us know.

Cheers AJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31122006077.jpg
Views:	1928
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	18170  
Old 19-01-2007
Jeepless!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

BRING IT ON MAN!!!!!

just remember too take ya number plates off when the build up starts too avoid any issues!
Old 19-01-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Have you looked at cost differences between importing a front 44 with locker and ratios already done instead of upgrading the 30?
Old 19-01-2007
Jeepless!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

how many D30s do you see breaking? they are a good diff yeah D44 is better no doubt but bigger and heavier.......Super 30 is way strong enough
Old 23-01-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
Well after two and a half years of abusing the TJ and it taking me places that I never thought possible in a stock 4x4, The time has come for my baby to grow up. I have had all sorts of ideas going round in my head but I eventually settled on waiting a little longer and saving some extra cash to do everything once and do it right. hence the 2.5 years of stock abuse. Below is my list of mods on the way and it will all begin at the end of the month, once troy gets all the gear in to his new shop!! I can't stand the wait, it's driving me crazy!

At the moment, the TJ already has a safari snorkle, warn rocksliders, ARB rear bar/tire carrier and GME 3400 radio.
On the way is:

RE 5.5" LA with tri-angulated rear
Super 30 ARB air locker
Dana 44 ARB air locker
4.88 ratios
HD SYE wit tailshaft
15x8 rims on 35" baja claws
7" warn flares
TBT flexi tie rod
2nd air internal beadlocks

anyway, will keep you all posted as I progress on the build up and I'm sure will be posting all sorts of questions when I run into trouble during the install! Also if you have any suggestions or pointers let us know.

Cheers AJ
Good luck with the build up AJ. Don't worry it will all go well. Troy built my TJ ( Its the one in the show room.) and it works fine. Should look mean when its finished!
Old 23-01-2007
Muppet

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice plan.

Is that track just south of Cessnock?
Old 26-01-2007
Jeep Test Driver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytj
Good luck with the build up AJ. Don't worry it will all go well. Troy built my TJ ( Its the one in the show room.) and it works fine. Should look mean when its finished!
Cheers dude, Nice TJ too! made me want tinted windows!!