My XJ 3" Lift & Locker instal - Page 19 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-04-2012
Established Member

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

I got my CPS from these guys:

http://4x4point.com.au/cart/index.ph...products_id=95

Postage was $8 on the sensor and it arrived in 3 days. You might have to piece some stuff together, but they have drums, just couldn't see shoes.
Old 23-04-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Grimes View Post
I got my CPS from these guys:

http://4x4point.com.au/cart/index.ph...products_id=95
Postage was $8 on the sensor and it arrived in 3 days. You might have to piece some stuff together, but they have drums, just couldn't see shoes.
Thanks for that link. You wouldnt have a discount coupon would you??

I think the cheapest way out will be to order that spring and retainer kit from 4x4point for $39 + $13.50 delivery. Get new shoes (For the 3rd time ) and get my drums machined for $50 for the pair.

Id would really like to upgrade to disc or getting new drums but just cant afford it at the moment. Had so many bills come in

Are machine drums still good? I dont want to have any more problems with the rear brakes other then adjusting them up every oil change.
Old 23-04-2012
Established Member

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Nah no coupons. They had the best price I could find on CPS, and I'm pretty sure it was posted from Hervey Bay, so your delivery should be even quicker.
Old 23-04-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No worries. Just ordered the parts then & I will get the drums machined tomorrow.
Old 23-04-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

rusty if you want to do a disc conversion look in to ford falcon rear brakes
either AU or BA have a quick look in the mods section i think i remember a quick right up some where about it ??
get most or the bits from wreckers very easy i would reckon
Old 30-04-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Didn't end up going the Disc route just didn't have the cash or time right now.

New shoes on special at REPCO $35
Drums machined and shoes matched by a mate $6pak
Spring hardware kit from 4x4point $50
New wheel cylinders $28

I dont think its in the manual but the on shoe on each side has thicker material on it. Thats the one you use on the rear or hook up to the hand brake cable/plate.

Still haven't had a chance to edit that footage from the Booloomba creek trip I went on, but have a small vid from the weekend. My mate in his KJ and I went out to a few local tracks, thought there was nothing better to do with all the rain.

The vid gets interesting at the end when we find a deep mud hole. I really need a snorkel.

The XJ still hasn't needed a snatch/tow since the tyres, locker & lift.

Old 01-05-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

umm mate just be careful i think the thicker one of the 2 is what they call the leading shoe and it goes on the side of or edge that dose the most work
just food for thought
Post New Thread  Reply