Police Blitz Brisbane - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-08-2015
Just Real Jeeps Club

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemptioner View Post
wonder if they would bother you in QLD if you are running a NSW plate, I don't believe they can enforce the QLD regs on a NSW vehicle?

Got an address just across the border I frequent, maybe it is a better option just to register the vehicle in NSW, then I guess I would have to get a NSW license as well athough I am not sure it matters as you are stating the vehicle is housed in NSW, I don't think it matters that you have a QLD license......will have to look into that.

Won't make any difference which state number plate you have unless you have it engineered in that state for the mods you have, then you will be ok

Black 1983 CJ8, Black 1994 XJ

http://www.justrealjeeps.com
Old 18-08-2015
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sort of. An interstate vehicle may only reside in QLD for 3 months out of any year total and not more than 3 weeks at the same address. I enquired last year whrn the brotherinlaw was coming up on holidays in his heavily modded pootrol. He also had to keep the engineering paperwotk with him at all times despite the mod plate.

And in the two weeks here was here got pulled over twice and all mods scrutinized. (6 in lift, 35's and cut into a trayback)

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 18-08-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

There is a National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction & Modification; Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14 (VSB14)

https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads/.../vsb_ncop.aspx

All States would have to have these minimum standards in there regulations for consistency. I think if any State had a higher requirement it would be the law in that State and if the vehicle breached that law I believe you could legally be fined/prosecuted for that be breach.

I understand that the residential requirements relates to "vehicle registration" so that people cannot opt to permanently register a vehicle in another State but permanently reside in another State.
Old 18-08-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 128 Times in 63 Posts

Whats up with the whole same country, different laws thing. Isn't it all Australia. I think its very weird and annoying.

Our Offroad Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/go4x4media
Old 18-08-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
Whats a swaybar?
There out the back of you shed remember?
Old 18-08-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 191 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam View Post
Where did you get done? Damn thats heavy. What setup do you run
At Enoggera, I know I should not be driving down Pickering street any ways due to the massive cop shop there but I just got a message while I was out that my custom switch panel was ready at the fabricators so I figured I would just pop in on my way home......unfortunately stop next to the highway patol car at the lights.

Running 97 TJ soft top, synergy 4.5" lift, BF 35's (actually just measured them and they are only 33" heigh despite label), fox 2.0 adjustable's with remote reservoir, pocket flairs, modified front ARB bar with fairlead (shortened the height of the upper bar work to be below lights), custom rear bar with tyre carrier, rock sliders made up to look like side steps, not exactly a stand-out or obvious monster truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
Yeah, keeping the world safe for democracy, I see.........that front plate ticket is just being an arsehole.....the rest is the chance you take, I'm afraid.
Look everything after the tyres was just revenue raising, I clearly was not trying to hide or hinder the sight to the number plates, sure put it on the list for main roads to check off but giving 2 fines and points is a bit much. After the first fine you are not making any difference just making more money for the cops, the wheels meant it can't be driven any more and has to be inspected by transport so just write out a list of what you don't like for them to approve/check and stop revenue raising. Sure if I had been hooning or speeding or driving like a dick or arguing or having a bunch of the aforementioned offences on my driving record then I accept that you get everything they can find and fine you for, but having a clean driving record and simply accepting that I have the wrong tyres on and some questionable number plate placement (in original locations just additional accessories added) is hardly worth the time it took to write out the fines and hardly makes the car much safer or reduce the likely hood of myself or the car being a problem on the road to other road users. The worst thing is the the tyres have labelled me as a hoon and means I put any car I now drive at risk of being impounded if something is defective for the next 5 years, that means I am in the same category as someone on a high drink driving offence (3 times or more over the limit) or having done over 45km over the speed limit or driving on a suspended licences, the kind of stuff you get taken away by the police and have to appear in court, clearly not in the same realm of offences and bloody stupid if you ask me. What's the point of a points system if you run these other stupid labels that run a completely different systems to the points scheme,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
Sort of. An interstate vehicle may only reside in QLD for 3 months out of any year total and not more than 3 weeks at the same address. I enquired last year whrn the brotherinlaw was coming up on holidays in his heavily modded pootrol. He also had to keep the engineering paperwotk with him at all times despite the mod plate.

And in the two weeks here was here got pulled over twice and all mods scrutinized. (6 in lift, 35's and cut into a trayback)
Pretty hard for them to prove the car's time in the state, you just need someone else to back up the fact the car is over the border all the time, I drive down there regularly so not hard to be filling up while there and keeping receipts in the car. As for the pootrol, how have they got 35's on it, even a mod plate does not cover them running tyres so far over the 50mm max increase (guess the cops might let that one slip due to the rest having a mod plate). And my vehicle clearly does not look like a monster truck and has nothing on the other vehicles getting around like green goblin (full pocket flairs, wheels tucked up close, everything black to match the car colour etc).

Don't get me wrong, I know I have done the wrong thing as far as the tyres go but as for the rest it is just petty. Guess I will have to get me a set of rubicon side labels to replace the "sport" and either the JK door label or the Rubicon glovebox/label....

Last edited by Redemptioner; 19-08-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 18-08-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 191 Times in 138 Posts

I also wonder if the Mrs had been driving with the puppies in yellow if she would of suffered the same fines....