What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 107 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-12-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

New 285/70/17 KM2s, Mopar front bar and tow bar. Christmas came early!

77 Grand Wagoneer
91 YJ
94 ZJ
96 TJ
09 JKU
14 WK2 Best one yet!
www.SurfFX.com.au
Old 22-12-2009
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
Petrol. There seems to be enough room in the used by 95xjcherokee, but from the picture I can't figure out how it is mounted.
i have posted somewhere where i put mine. If you cant find it let me know and can post again
Old 22-12-2009
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Just spent 4 hrs zip tying, spiral wraping, and taping the wiring loom in the engine bay...phew, goto love US quality control!
The low pressure power steering return was rubbing on the feed line from the reservoir...funny they put a rubber hose over the pipe but it was no where near the contact point of the hoses.
The alt lead was being eaten into from the intercooler hose, why the hell you route that under the pipe?? Mine is now over the top, much neater and safer.
The earth lead from the battery neg to the guard looped over the trans ecm and past the batt pos. Now goes past the firewall behind the pastic battery tray and to the earth post on the guard...the way it should have from factory.
The overflow and fill hoses for the coolant reservoir have been spiral wrapped and run under the aircon hoses. They were already rubbing into each other and have wear marks. Now there is no contact.
My last laugh was the washer hoses for the w/screen and the rear window...they were routed down the middle of the engine bay beside the motor...now they run around the passenger guard and its shorter and neater not being entwined with the boost hoses.

Hopefully stayed off some warranty work in the future!

All the best

Matt.
Old 22-12-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossj View Post
Pictures of this weeks lift install-

New Poly Performance Rear spring Right, OME centre and Stock

New Poly Performance Front spring Right, OME centre and Stock

Rear PP spring installed also you can see the AEV axle mounted panhard bracket

AEV front High Steer kit pictures you can see how much the front panhard is raised.

Side veiw...

Front PP Spring , you can see how compressed the top bit of the spring is due to soft rating at start of spring and progressively gets firmer. Actual ride height in front is only slightly higher compared with OME springs.
Looking good what size did you go with the springs are you still going to use OME long travel shocks.
What did you need to fix with the DW last week still got to fix my girl up after new years, just got me control arms from Claytons off road they look the part f—king heavy just need adjustable panhards I order from Solid to come
Old 22-12-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Steve I took mine to Hammonds at Capalaba for a wheel check, alignment, balance etc for the DW.

My new springs gave me a lift slightly taller than my OME lift which is well over 3" of lift. I will have to compare with yours next time we meet up. For something different I have gone with Poly Performance shocks as well with about 11" of travel. Hopefully they get here this week.

I wish I went with Clayton Arms now, and I am still waiting for my Currie LCAs as well.
Old 23-12-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALS-JK View Post
Finished fitting ARB Compressor for my Lockers today.
Installed it in the space behind the R/H Tail light, (the Rear Quarter Panel) also ran the rear Diff Breather with Ryco Filter in there too.
(it was a bit like building a Ship in a Bottle!! i.e. its very tight! the compressor wont go straight in and had to be assembled a piece at a time )

Remote mounted the Air Take off to pump up the Tyres in the cargo area just above the Compressor, just plug the hose in when required.

Ran all wiring to new Daystar switch panel.

Power for Comp is coming from a Remco RM12-105FT Battery installed in the Cargo Storage Well.

Happy with the install it turned out quite neat but took 3 days start to finish! ( between scotch and cokes )
Hi
I am extremely impressed - you actually got the compressor in there - I bow b4 your greatness!!!!!! - I would like to copy your "awesomness" - b4 i do i have just 1 question as my arb compressor gets hot sitting in the open air - does your compressor cope with the heat???? in the confined space ??? - thanx for you great ingenuity and idea - cheers Hunty
Old 27-12-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Few more things done....

Hooray for the hols...... Fitted tow bar, Redarc electric brake controller (so much better than the ones that get in the road of your knees), ARB sliders (fair bit of mucking around and hole drilling) and the Icom radio I've had for a while. Aerial bracket was hard work, but looks damn good. Earthing the handpiece cradle was a PIA too.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aerial bracket.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	37433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Icom.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	37434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sliders.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	37435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Redarc.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	37436  

Last edited by up2nogood; 27-12-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply