KJ lifts and what to expect - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-05-2006
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My local dealer in Shepparton, told me there is 3 skid plates. Yes, I've seen other threads talking about a 4th, but its not a normal Australian import.

Fitted, I was charged:

Transfer case $145.00
Front suspension $145.00
Fuel tank $315

There was an article in Jeep Action Australia back in Jan06 about KJ Armour. Along with fitting the factory skids, they had a custom plate made to protect the automatic transmission sump. This was fitted to their Jeep Action KJ.
Old 30-05-2006
LOST

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

the transmission skids are available in australia i got mine from Leo Mullers Jeep spare parts dept in brisbane ( I gave them the part number. hutch from the forum and i puchased them ) they bought in a few spares they still have 2 available for sale including the fit kit

oh and it took me 1/2 an hour to fit the trans skid myself

Last edited by Fouros; 30-05-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 30-05-2006
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_kj_crd
i can take a photo if ppl want to see it
yes please. I'll look into justforjeeps or Leo Mullers.

Also, the cost of the OME 2" lift was $1545 fitted which included a wheel alignment (which I suppose is normal). I got this done at the local 4WD centre.
Old 30-05-2006
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just found the part number and pictures that Fouros posted in thread http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...on+skid+number
Old 30-05-2006
LOST

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

they still have one i just rang shane re some renegade trim pieces

call 07 3243 7766 and ask for shane
Old 01-06-2006
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow Lift info & tier size

Hi,
Wilmo, your research is very informative. I've bought an 05 kj at the end of last year and am looking at a lift later this year. I’m wondering how my warranty will be affected or if anyone has had any bad experiences with claims after doing a lift. I’m also interested in skid plates, not sure which to do first. Thinking the lift is the way to go, but am interested in other opinions.
You mentioned that a lift over 3" is not advisable; however a 3.5" lift should settle down to 3"??? (or not?) my KJ is 680 from rim. Do you suggest that wider tiers fitted to a standard 16" rim is advisable after a lift?
Any feed back would be appreciated
CD
Old 01-06-2006
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SUB KJ, http://www.suburban4wd.com/gallery/gallery.htm Over 100,00km on our 3.5" System OME based SUB can now take the KJ to 4" we did on our camerons trip, we test everything (subsiquencly droped in height 0.5" as would not fit in the garage at home with the roof pod fitted). 265/70-R16's, trip to camerons over 2000km on corrigations, driven over 100km every day to and from work, with accessories over 2500kgs curb weight. And this is before Michelle loads it! on our camerons trip i think it was about 2800kg's. Performed flawlessly. + if you are in SYD we do a number of custom skid and rock rails, bit exey but the best.