Grand cherokee (WK) pics share them - Page 126 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-08-2021
CrawlerStar

Liked 147 Times in 106 Posts

Got dirty

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Old 31-08-2021
CrawlerStar

Liked 147 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTruckster View Post
Ok, it’s not as bad as the new Defender I suppose.
Now I know you have rocks in your head, the new defender is easily the best looking vehicle on the road today and one of the most capable off road too..

Old 03-09-2021
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 106 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_renegade01 View Post
Now I know you have rocks in your head, the new defender is easily the best looking vehicle on the road today and one of the most capable off road too..

Mate of mine bought one. Interior is pretty bland and the outside looks like a Hot Wheels car that has started to melt. Don’t know about off-road ability and his will never touch dirt. Are you sure the Land Rover aren’t paying you to sell their vehicles? 😉
Old 03-09-2021
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hey fella's, ease up on the LR they don't deserve that much knocking!

JGC is my car of choice and is one of the 2 best cars I've owned, the other....a beloved 2000 S2 Disco TD5, fantastic car that never once let me down. Used to regularly tow a massive boat in those days in 40 plus heat, plus o/r adventures in the high country, never a whimper, no add-on crap like ancillary tranny coolers needed. Stupidly let it go in '06 when the boat sold. Even more stupidly I bought a Territory later on when we got into caravanning. The GC saved me from that thing, but will admit I was looking for a LR until this little gem came up and I've loved it ever since.

Would love to have the old Disco parked alongside the GC in my garage today! (what a nice pair, as they say in the classics..)

Definitely no commission from either Jeep or JLR
Old 03-09-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,931 Times in 2,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_renegade01 View Post
Got dirty[

The articulation in my old ZG, proper axles it would still have the right front wheel on the ground ................ throwing dust and rocks, the straight 6 roaring away.................. great day dreams....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 03-09-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
Hey fella's, ease up on the LR they don't deserve that much knocking!

JGC is my car of choice and is one of the 2 best cars I've owned, the other....a beloved 2000 S2 Disco TD5, fantastic car that never once let me down. Used to regularly tow a massive boat in those days in 40 plus heat, plus o/r adventures in the high country, never a whimper, no add-on crap like ancillary tranny coolers needed. Stupidly let it go in '06 when the boat sold. Even more stupidly I bought a Territory later on when we got into caravanning. The GC saved me from that thing, but will admit I was looking for a LR until this little gem came up and I've loved it ever since.

Would love to have the old Disco parked alongside the GC in my garage today! (what a nice pair, as they say in the classics..)

Definitely no commission from either Jeep or JLR [emoji38]
I never drove a early jeep diesel I guess they were just as bad, my xj and wj were both petrol. But it was a disco that cured me from ever using a turbo diesel for towing ever again.

In the I'd say late two thousands we were loaned a disco by a friend to tow a car trailer. We pulled up in our destination city at a set of lights on a hill we had been stopped at many times before in different tow vehicles before and after. We stopped in this thing when the light went green I couldn't take off. After 4 attempts I couldn't get it to move. Horn and stuff going off every where I had to put it in low range to take off crawl to the top of the hill and stop again in the middle of the traffic to get back in high range so as to not hold the traffic up worse. But of course that brought about another round of horns and now yelling as well. I have never stepped foot in a Landover since. If that thing didn't have a low range transfer box I still be stuck on that hill.

It's not like I had an in grained dislike for land rovers I had owned a series 2A and a series III prior to that.

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,931 Times in 2,320 Posts

The diesel in the wranglers at one stage was the same as in the Disco's, Colorado and a few others but certainly sounds like that Disco was having a bad day........... Ser2A or 3 Landy certainly great vehicles, built to do mods on, starting with the engine............ always and still do like a 1982 110 with the Isuzu diesel, yes please..

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply