Ok all weekend gripe - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2023
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Ok all weekend gripe

so here we go gripe one, as much as the rain is appreciated what idiot decided to have felt/fabric wheel well liners, grrrrr they get soaked with water and then drain off in the garage
and then the garage stinks, yes yes im sure someone can justify them but i don't care

ok second gripe, i decided to up grade my JSCAN software on my android phone and now it won't connect to my good old ELM327 Dongle, so ive ordered a latter style ( it promises to do everything short of walk on water--hopfully)

there was a third gripe but i can't remember, where's my scotch

ok im back i just remember my third gripe, this idiot pop up add that comes from the bottom of this web page,

so there you go ive done my whinging for the day

greetings from the darling downs

macca

Last edited by emac; 12-03-2023 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-03-2023
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Spent another 3 Fantastic days @ the Newcastle V8's, beaut weather. good racing, only gripe was what the vendors were asking for food, $12 for hot chips, $15 for a dagwood dog, lucky we took our own tucker and drinks
Old 12-03-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,315 Times in 756 Posts

Ol Mate....did a gig at an event in Vic last week.... $23 for a Hamburger..... $16 for a small Chicken Wrap.... $17 for a snitty burger that used about a third of a snitty... $8 for chips (sml)..... $3 for a Dim Sim or Potato Cake/Scallop (depending on which State your in)....waiting time to get served...45mins...then another 15mins to get your order....I lost a few kilos.

Add to that the 2hrs/day to get out of the carpark at the end of the day....All I can say is I want the job as the Traffic Management Co-ordinator....only gig I know where you can have an epic fail and remain employed on triple digits...kool...suits me...the traffic jam it caused made news....50klm traffic jam...now thats an effort

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Last edited by FARWEST; 12-03-2023 at 08:57 PM.
Old 13-03-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Yeah it's bloody ridiculous how necessities such as food isn't price regulated at special events, fair enough I understand the vendors probably have to Tender for it but that doesn't mean they have to recover their costs in the first 2 hours, a couple of small convenience shops (quickie mart & Foodworks were making a killing) New Camaro is a beauty, My favourite is watching all the Ol school V8 Masters with their XY GT,s ,A9X Torana,s and the 2 door Valiant Pacer, normally runs the slant 6 but got a new V8 from the states, luv it
Old 13-03-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,931 Times in 2,320 Posts

I don't do events anymore , hate lining up for stuff, food is often overpriced rubbish and the overcrowding turns me totally off........... I love Airshows but give them a miss now full of gawkers where once it was people who loved aircraft.......... just like car shows ...

My van fridge shit itself so all last weekend I have been pulling the old one out and renovating things for the new unit and it better be on the road soon, must have lost a few Kgs as its bluddy humid, pissed down rain of course no need to rush as spent every last $$ including next weeks pay on the new bluddy fridge, so no big trip next month ...........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 13-03-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,315 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
I don't do events anymore , hate lining up for stuff, food is often overpriced rubbish and the overcrowding turns me totally off........... I love Airshows but give them a miss now full of gawkers where once it was people who loved aircraft.......... just like car shows ...

My van fridge shit itself so all last weekend I have been pulling the old one out and renovating things for the new unit and it better be on the road soon, must have lost a few Kgs as its bluddy humid, pissed down rain of course no need to rush as spent every last $$ including next weeks pay on the new bluddy fridge, so no big trip next month ...........

Didnt 'like' that your fridge took a dump....thats not good....bugger, sums that up.....'liked' your view on the event/show situation....I am definitely getting old...used to be that the crowd was encouraged to the event knowing they were 'enthusiasts' and they event ensured that the crowd was 'catered' for.....nowadays the event/show is purely a grab for cash n the Organisers even rip the caterers off to make money BEFORE a gate even opens....cheap night out for a young Farwest family (didnt live here then) was a 6 pack of fruit boxes n a small selection of cold bevvies add 1x Bucket KFC and the $20 Family pass at the Speedway Gate.....that, in total...wouldnt even get the car into the carpark....they'd search the esky n remove the 'coldies'...confiscate the food n charge us $120 for the Family Pass....only shyte served at the canteen n couldnt afford a 'coldie'....genuinely feel for young families....we loved camping n fishing....but a 'night out' at the Speedway was good wholesome family enjoyment....throw the tailgate open n the kids could lay down n watch until they fell asleep....would be flat out affording the petrol to get there now !!!!!

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 14-03-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,931 Times in 2,320 Posts

My daughter tells me how much they spend to go to various shows or events with just 2 kids and I'm gobsmacked as we could live on that for a few weeks..........

Fridge was going on 12 years old and must have got a hole as the ammonia goobers leaked out........ new one has a fully insulated spot to fit into now, far better set up than the original design..........

How you going with "The Lurgy" ??

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply