NCOP has been released in Queensland as at 1 Nov 2012 - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

I have been busy over the weekend breaking down some of the new QCOP, reviewing what it means and problems / issues as it relates to MC category offroad passenger vehicles.

So I'm building a structured list if issues / problems where the QCOP doesn't make sense, or there are technical inconsistancies, or just poor judgement applied.

I.E. Limited to 25mm lift in tyre size increase, but loose 16-18mm just in Airing Down prior to offroad use... (Sunday's experiment).

http://www.ncop.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13

I've been speaking to AAAA and 4WD Queensland about listing the changes which we need, and an approach to make change. So the list is constructive... identify a problem, discuss, identify suitable resolution.

The forum is for generic NCOP / QCOP vehicle modifications (all vehicle types), not just for Jeepers; so I'll try and get other motoring groups to also join in and list all our grievances as a united effort.

P.S. I've also written up some detail around Queensland TMR latest information standard on LED light bar use, which I'll be calling them about later this week.

Cheers,
Miles

Australian National Code of Practice
Old 05-11-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great work Miles. Sounds like your really giving this a good going over that will benefit us all
Old 05-11-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Great work Miles. Sounds like your really giving this a good going over that will benefit us all
Thanks Bozza,

Its got to the point were we are all frustrated in the current legislation and restrictive nature of vehicle modifications, so I've just decided to give it a "kick in the guts" because I've simply had enough.

With the latest release of the new QCOP, we had a golden opportunity to bring QLD up to the same standards as most other states (and we've been waiting patiently for years).. But no, we introduced a variation solely for QLD use... WHY???

Instead of having a National COP which would be easier to make one change for all states, we now have multiple state based COPs which are all different.

Is there something wrong with each state and territory's governments that we have to implement completely separate rules and regulations for each entity... why do we have a national vehicle modification working group, if it doesn't work? Don't we like what NSW or VIC does?, so we'll do our own adaptation instead - the mentality is just plain stupid, and wastes tons of money by having multiple people across Australia coming up with their own ideas. Further, its hard as hell to get simple things done and confuses the hell out of the poor vehicle owners.

What annoys me the most is that several automotive groups and enthusiast motoring bodies have meet with Queensland TMR in order to make changes through logical discussions and presentation of appropriate facts. But NOT ONCE, have they actually introduced any changes or suggestions from of these meetings. So are we ever going to be able to do better modifications???

If an automotive engineer has designed a modification and says its suitable for onroad use, why can't we just do it without all the restrictions (I'm not talking crazy stupid lifts and fat ass tyres, just logical changes - i.e. how can you fit an alternate tyre to a 4WD up to 1.5 times wider than standard, if you're not allowed to increase the vehicles tyre track width? - despite the fact manufacturers don't actually make this type of ratio).

Our automotive industry is worth billions of dollars each year, and how much more do we waste or miss out on due to these shitty nanny state ideas. Instead, those motorists who get frustrated and just go out buying their "illegal" suspension lifts from overseas and put them on themselves, are spending good money which could be spent here in Oz, and actually benefit the industry even further. And I don't blame those that are purchasing from overseas, its the legislative decision makers who have their own ideas how things are done that forces this problem.

If they're overly restrictive in their decisions about modifications because there's stupid people out there doing stupid things... then the restrictive rules and legislation is not going to stop stupid people from doing stupid things.. they are stupid and will always do stupid things. But it flows on to effect normal law abiding motorists who just want to do simple modifications and enjoy driving my car where I want to in my country!

Miles hops off soap box and Bozza thinks twice before posting again...
(Sorry mate, I do appreciate your gratitude)

Australian National Code of Practice
Old 05-11-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,945 Times in 2,329 Posts

Is this ANCOP linked with the National Transport Regs, or whatever they are called, which see's QLD implementing them first and the other states follow in a year or so's time ??
As a Truckie I've been screwed around by these stupid regs for years now and no amount of meetings, consultations by Clubs, Industry Groups or who ever will really bring about great sensible changes, we hear great announcements but in reality they are nothing.
Best to walk quietly, keep a low profile and do your own thing and most times it will all pass you by, as they won't notice you.

Transport, Parks and Wildlife don't have grip on reality and are unable to comprehend, been there done that, now just quietly move along.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply