What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 103 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-12-2009
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian unlimited View Post
So in reality it is in fact a catch can. did you make it yourself or purchase it???
Close but most catch-cans are empty inside and the Provent has an oil filter element and a pressure relief vent on the top.

Additionally the Provent has the drain pipe at the bottom that you can plumb back into the sump. I havent bothered plumbing it back on this vehicle...Im curious to see how much oil I do get over time considering in the few hundred kays I had driven....the pipes where oil soaked.

It is a commercially made one that I purchased of ebay (best price I could find)

Matt.
Old 14-12-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hi Macca,
nice mods, same as what i am looking at, did you fit the Provent yourself if so was it hard to do.
cheers Allan.

[Additionally the Provent has the drain pipe at the bottom that you can plumb back into the sump. I havent bothered plumbing it back on this vehicle...Im curious to see how much oil I do get over time considering in the few hundred kays I had driven....the pipes where oil soaked.

It is a commercially made one that I purchased of ebay (best price I could find)

Matt.[/QUOTE]
Old 14-12-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojoconvert View Post
I reckon you should pull the unlimited sticker off.
Old 14-12-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojoconvert View Post
Installed some Off Road Evolution Rock Skins. http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...=EVO-ROCKSKINS

Haven't seen any available through suppliers here, and these have to be my pick of whats available, they fit under the Factory Rock Rails.
Dealt with Andrew Perle @ Offroad Evolution very professional and prompt service. With Shipping and Exchange Rate they set me back AUS$700.

Must say I was a bit hesitant drilling the first 3/8" hole but then I thought Hell I'm an Aircraft Engineer, I've drilled heaps of holes in aircraft that cost a lot more than a Jeep But this is my Jeep

The first 4 Holes

Then the Back

Skins back on to drill off front holes.

Front Nutserts installed

Skins Installed

Then Rock Slider Reinstalled.

Why I Did It

I wouldn't tackle this job unless you have a proper Nutsert/Rivnut Tool for the job and a bit of confidence in Sheetmetal Work.
Over all I'm really pleased with the end result and must say the skins look Awesome in the Flesh.

Sarge.
I like it thinking about doing same thing coz my sills are bent lol
Old 15-12-2009
MudSplasher

[QUOTE=4WD4FUN;1031422]Hi Macca,
nice mods, same as what i am looking at, did you fit the Provent yourself if so was it hard to do.
cheers Allan.

Allen I did it in a few hours Sat afternoon...very easy to fit.

I have the Auto and the ally bracket above the clutch mater cylinder mount is vacant. I used a piece of 25mm angle and cut it the length of the mounting holes on the Provent.

Then hold the angle against the bracket and mark the hole to drill that matches the ally firewall bracket.

I filed the bracket slightly to remove the corner so the ally bracket is now square to the firewall and this allows the 25mm angle to sit closer.

I could have bolted it straight up but decided to support the other end. So I used the steering column bolt below to support the other end. The bolt protudes about 15mm so I used the additional thread to bolt the other end of bracket to, using a second nut (dont remove the origional one just add bracket and new nut to secure).

Using a 25mm flat bar, bend it at 90deg and then trim so it comes off the bolt and then upto the bracket, weld and paint.

The bracket is the hardest part, fitting is a five minute job. Bolt the Provent to the bracket and bolt the bracket using nylocks to the firewall.

Using the origional PCV hose for the inlet, just remove the intake end and connect to the provent (didnt cut this specifically so it can be returned to standard in an instant). Grab a piece of straight heater (i think the hose was 20mm, but measure the outlet in the provent its the same as the intake hose, hence straight pipe)(oil/fuel resistant) hose and connect the Provent to the intake pipe at the aircleaner.

Jobs done.

If you would like any other photos or details then ask or PM me.

Cheers.

Matt.
Old 15-12-2009
MudSplasher

My latest addition is mesh for the grille, $30 bucks from Supercheap and $14 for the Sikaflex.

Very happy with the install, used the PDF from Quadratec on the grill they sell for $180.

Matt.
Old 15-12-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just fitted AEV high steer kit.