Pathetic range of my keyless entry - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-10-2010
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts
Default Update

Well, i have an update. The remotes are now working. I had already changed the batteries in both remotes a few weeks ago, that had no impact on the range.

So this evening, I decided to disconnect the Jeep battery to reset everything (i.e. BCM, PDM, ECM, etc). Let it sit like that for 10 minutes. Then discharged any leftover charge in capacitors. Once connected back, tried the remotes and wow I have my range and full functionality back. So people with remote problems, take the Jeep battery out and see if that makes any difference.
Old 19-10-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hard to tell but the top PCB on the left looks like PCB RF shielding and the data port looks like a 50 ohm RF path !

www.litestorm.com.au

Extreme 4x4 LED lighting
Old 20-10-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by litestorm View Post
hard to tell but the top PCB on the left looks like PCB RF shielding and the data port looks like a 50 ohm RF path !
Ahhhh..... yes.

I can tell by the exclamation mark that must be important...

In English?
Old 23-10-2010
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys, any progress finding the soldering point for the antenna?
Mine doesnt even have that "data" printed on the board... this is mine board:
http://ptfly.com/dw/RKE-Jeep-WG-2002.jpg

WG 2002
Old 24-10-2010
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peerless View Post
Hi guys, any progress finding the soldering point for the antenna?
Mine doesnt even have that "data" printed on the board... this is mine board:
http://ptfly.com/dw/RKE-Jeep-WG-2002.jpg

WG 2002
Yours says Rev C. Mine was Rev B (I am assuming Rev = Revision).

I didn't solder anything yet. Just rebooted everything by taking Jeep's battery out for 20 minutes. That has fixed all my problems for now. Lets see if they come back.
Old 24-10-2010
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

I dont think well ever find out where the antennae goes untill somone bites the bullet & removes the melted plastic dobs so we can see the other side of the pcb.
I reckon it could be done safely with a dremel & some patience.The other thing is if somone has a dead one we could pull apart.
Old 24-10-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Peerless your board has "superhet" on it this might mean superhetrodyne a type of radio receiver that uses a local oscillator to mix with the in comming signal to convert it to lower one for processing by the decoder chip -ie your code

this is good

The other Gilligan's island way would be to open the pcb clam shell while on the car put the antenna [with cap] on each of the solder joins and get someone to walk back with the remote 20 feet till you get some distance.
crappy way but we are working blind till the component side is shown

m

www.litestorm.com.au

Extreme 4x4 LED lighting
Post New Thread  Reply