Just about over it.... - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-08-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

So the new sensor turned up today:

10mins including getting a spanner and packing away after replacing the sensor and it's all fixed. Took about 50m of driving up the road for the ABS and handbrake lights to go out but speedo was immediate.

$25 well spent....
Old 01-09-2018
Established Member

So after the fix on the speed sensor worked well, I decided to put in the upper rear boomerang I had in the loungeroom waiting to go.

2 hours over lunchtime and the job was done. Had a few issues trying to get the ball joint out of the top of the diff, but ended up using a bit of 100x100mm hardwood post under the boomerang and let the vehicles weight do the rest. Putting it back in was relatively straight forward and she drives a heap better now.

The desire to look for a new car has waned a bit over the weekend so far, so I'll be hanging onto it for a while yet.
Old 02-09-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 98 Times in 57 Posts
Default over it

Glad to here it's sorted.
I,m a bit over mine and I only had it a week before it was off the road and the long list of repairs and maintenance started. Been about 4 weeks so far every time I look I find something else. Once it's back on the road the first time it lets me down it's gone. I'll keep my XJ and buy a cheap runaround for a daily driver.
Old 03-09-2018
Established Member

I feel you Jaffazoom, I made a point of asking the trans mechanic if keeping on fixing it was opening a can of cascading issues. He thought it would be fine but it's just little niggling things.

I knew already about the upper control arm and had the part in the lounge room waiting to be put in, that's the only reason it was done. If I didn't have it there I would have kept driving to see if anything else went wrong.

I'll see how it goes now it's back on the road and see if anything else causes issues, but for now it's working again properly and I'm happy enough.
Old 03-09-2018
No Winching

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Guys, let me know If you need anything, I have a heap of parts under the house. Window regulators, a brake master cyl, radiators and cowlings for both V6 and CRD. I might post up a for sale add in the sale section, and link to my signature with a list of the parts ect.

cmohr

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 04-09-2018
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I've just about had it with mine too and ive only had it a month , its driving me nuts, i havent had one week when something has not failed.
Seems like i fix it all runs good and 2 days latter something new fails

so far Ive had to replace .
Crank angle sensor
ECU and Skif
Rear lower stabilizer arm
Blower Fan Resistor pack
Glow plugs ( and the glow plug loom was in backwards )
MAF Sensor

And I still have a intermittent ABS light as well that comes up with the Brake Light, but it has not effected the speedo , im wondering if its a front or rear sensor .

And there's an intermittent P0700 transmission issue that I am not sure if it was just low fluid level as i added 100 ml trans fluid twice and seems to have gone away again for the moment seems to shift fine.
I ordered a transmission filter kit for it so i'll give it a proper service, change the fluid might be a sticky valve or something.
Old 04-09-2018
Established Member

Wow! And I thought I was having a bad run. It sounds like what I think is happening to mine and the sensors/assorted plastic parts are just failing due to age. Hopefully mine's done being silly for a while and it will get new lower control arms later in the month as part of the recall.

Where have you been getting parts from baalsjeep? I've used Jeep Part Recyclers for a few things but will be giving them a miss for the AC compressor if I go aheadand do it. They wanted $500+ for a used one. New ones are only about $750 for genuine Sanden, or I've found a new copy brand out of China for about $250 delivered. I know which one I'll be going with as I only expect to keep the KJ for another couple of years maximum.