Had a close look at the JK Rubicon - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-03-2007
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

hers what the first press say about the JK

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...w?OpenDocument
Old 21-03-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemcc
So I'll throw my 2 cents in here..

We run an 84 CJ, a 98 TJ and a 2006 KJ and have been looking at the JK as either a replacement for the KJ or one of the others.
Given the posts on the US sites we decided that the 4 door rubicon was the one to go with. Why payRB and fight the warrenty when its available from the factory.

But.....

The local jeep dealerships in Brisbane need to go back to car selling school. I told both main dealers - you get official pricing call me. It took them four weeks and the only guy that called sounded as though he had been asleep for a month. An other sales person told me - " I sold the first TJ in Qld and I know jeeps" whn he asked what I drove and I said a CJ - he said whats that!

Spent last week up the coast and dropped into Jeep at Noosa who have a black four door sport.

The good bits

Great rear storage space - my trusty tape says as big almost as a TJ
with the seats out.

The rear seats fold flat 60/40 - had a storage system planned out in no
time.

the not so good bits

Easy for old people to get into due to low sill height - My first impression
was that I was looking at a stretched lowered TJ.

Ability of jeep dealer to fit wheel flares on straight

tyres - still laughing the same ones the local jeep head tech described
as total s**t

The really bad bits

Front bumper - nuff said

Knowledge of jeep dealer - my 5 mth old daughter knows more

rear bumper and license plate - rotffl

So given you can delete the full doors and get half doors, and add or delete most options if you now the right codes- what do you think would be jeeps response the price if I said I want, and remember this is (semi quote from the jeep web site -cos I can;t be bothered looking it up) the only 4wd that has a waranty that supports modification.

A four door Rubicon Wrangler
drop the stock front and rear bar - going better looking
drop the stock wheels and tyres - going bigger
drop the stock front and rear suspension - going higher
drop the soft top and replace with hard top - Never rains in Qld anyway
so I can live with the leaks
drop the sub and amp - jeep make cars and should stay away from audio
drop the seat treatment - waterproof canvas is better than any chemical

What would be the price?

When I ask on Monday I;ll let you know
and you wonder why salespeople don't call you back ?
Old 22-03-2007
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesguy
and you wonder why salespeople don't call you back ?
I agree. well said.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 26-03-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz7
why, Is the unlimited that badly finished?

I've some friends with Prado's and true to Toyota form they are exceptionally well put together and reliable. Wouldn't own one though.
My parents have a parado, drove it in the sand and boy did that car have to work.

Dont compare prado, they are made for comfort and have little to do with off road.

read the reviews and do your homework - wranglers are the best for off road and made that way. Along side with toyota landcruiser, nissan patrol.

if your going off road, which would you rather a damaged plastic fender that can easy be replaced or a prado fender. you should of paid the extra and gone up to the landcruiser, they are a great 4wd.