Photoshop or Real??? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Photoshop or Real???

I have had the USA brochure in my hot little hands for months now and have read it front to back a million times so was suprised to see the Australian Pictures on the Aus website in the gallery section and in the Brochure (PDF format) on the AUS jeep site at -

http://www.jeep.com.au/wrangler/down...ifications.pdf

The pictures in the AU brochure are absolutely identical to the US pictures but they have the AUS front and rear bar, AUS rear fog lights in the rear bar and have the US liscence plate holder removed. The pic of the rubicon flexing even has the correct AT tires and they are even a little dirty!

So which pics are real????? The flying mud on the cover shot and also the fact that the tires look like BFG's would indicate that they are fakes - they wouldnt have taken shots of the different spec cars in the exact same location - the flying mud is identical in both shots.

??????? It just looks to good to be photoshoped???????

Oh - and the gallery shows a rescue green JK with coloured flares - which AU model is that???

Last edited by kalani; 28-03-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 28-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Photoshop or Real???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalani
I have had the USA brochure in my hot little hands for months now and have read it front to back a million times so was suprised to see the Australian Pictures on the Aus website in the gallery section and in the Brochure (PDF format) on the AUS jeep site at -

http://www.jeep.com.au/wrangler/down...ifications.pdf

The pictures in the AU brochure are absolutely identical to the US pictures but they have the AUS front and rear bar, AUS rear fog lights in the rear bar and have the US liscence plate holder removed. The pic of the rubicon flexing even has the correct AT tires and they are even a little dirty!

So which pics are real????? The flying mud on the cover shot and also the fact that the tires look like BFG's would indicate that they wouldnt have taken shots of the different spec cars in the exact same location - the flying mud is identical in both shots.

??????? It just looks to good to be photoshoped???????

Oh - and the gallery shows a rescue green JK with coloured flares - which AU model is that???
.... Surely not ! ...Shocked to say the least... ..well not really... As for the Sahara spec photo that snuck in.... that must be the New Zealand model... apparently the Tasman is too big a jump. ? .... Somebody pass me a saucer of milk please ..
Old 28-03-2007
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Photo shop! the dude driving has weird light.

Jeep Australia is so dam dodgey!
Old 28-03-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whats even more misleading is the fact that they had this hot RHD black sahara at this years air show! It was a sahara with yes interior, colour coded fenders and even had the aftermarket mopar front and rear off road bumpers with a winch!!

Damn those bumpers look sexy in the flesh, hope they come here.

Bit off topic but tell me, if you had a jk here and slapped on a US spec front bumper, what would happen? Would you just get no cover if you were to have a smash? I just got one sent over for my soon to arrive rubi, bc I hate the AU bumper so much. I dont really care about the consequences other than mucking up my insurance....
Old 28-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Jeep seem to have a licence to say what they like and get away with it all over the world.
In NZ they say the Rubicon comes with diesel, but it does not.

In Australia it says you get the Sun rider soft top, but it's not fitted, it also talks a lot about the diesel and the Rubicon and reads like the Rubicon has a diesel. To me the picture on the front shows the sport comes with colour code flares. If I recall the Aust laws says all sales brochures must be correct as to content etc which is sold. How come it is left hand drive and coloured flares.
Old 28-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Photoshop or Real???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethgun
Whats even more misleading is the fact that they had this hot RHD black sahara at this years air show! It was a sahara with yes interior, colour coded fenders and even had the aftermarket mopar front and rear off road bumpers with a winch!!

Damn those bumpers look sexy in the flesh, hope they come here.

Bit off topic but tell me, if you had a jk here and slapped on a US spec front bumper, what would happen? Would you just get no cover if you were to have a smash? I just got one sent over for my soon to arrive rubi, bc I hate the AU bumper so much. I dont really care about the consequences other than mucking up my insurance....
.. Yes ..the Aus..or European spec bumpers have been covered in detail.. and I think they'll make up a fair portion of plastic recycling for a while. As for the legalities.. or warranty issues.. I'd imagine.. a genuine Mopar accessory..being Chrysler Jeep owned ( I believe) would be covered..if not by Jeep Australia... certainly by 'Big Brother' in the U.S.A. .. as for other aftermarket bars and fittings.. as long as they're guaranteed to be air bag compatible with the JK.. they should be covered by their own guarantee.. regardless of what Jeep might have to say. I'd imagine that goes for all the aftermarket suspension set ups.. whether they be 1" lifts or 5" as well. On the insurance side... judging from the fine print.. don't have an 'oopsy' off road.. with or without modifications. Yes.. a new front bar..and possibly rear bar with tyre carrier will be some of the first modifications I'll be making. I though ARB did a good job with the KJ..and the TJ bars..so I'll see what they come up with first. .
Old 28-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sethgun , can I ask where you sourced the JK US bumper and roughly how much it was?
I had been toying with the idea myself but couldnt see them online
Thanks
Post New Thread  Reply