Keyless Remote - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-08-2019
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,854 Times in 2,282 Posts
Default Keyless Remote

Ive done the search and dug around to no avail ............. I need a spare keyless remote for the WK2 quite a few on line but getting the correct one is the problem, though searching for the circuit board number has turned up the best possibilities....mine is the 2 button job with just door lock or unlock.

My local locksmith can programme it so while he is getting me a price for a new fob I thought a bit of a search might be in order as I previous experience has shown me they will be exceedingly expensive here in Oz Land.

So anyone gone down this path bypassing the dealers, especially since one is 2 hrs drive away.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 21-08-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 233 Times in 131 Posts

Do you have the old remote? I accidently ran mine throught the wash and fortunately the seal is great, just the water access to the button for key removal. I found my keylocks were becomming non responsive (immobliser) is separate to lock/unlock and found that I needed to use my Autel diagnostic to locate and identify them to fire them up again. So for a basic battery change I ended up with both keys non-responsive at different times, it was not until I started the car to get the second key to identify after battery change???? Go figure that one out as I can understand door/locks syncing but not the immobliser as it is already locked friend to friend (may be a code hopping issue). So I ended up circuit tracing, resoldering smds on the key for faults only to find no faults! Have you tried opening closing and running both keys in car on fresh batteries to see if the jeep identifies the suspect one again.

I've played in this space before and it was simply buying the actual PC chip for keyfob and solder on as the default code is known to the Jeep, unfortunately the Jeep needs to be placed in programming mode to friend the known startup code and switch it over locking it permanently. I think this is how this system works. So how a third party programmer can do this without the immobiliser programming code from Jeep is unknown at this time.

Last edited by Mousie; 21-08-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 22-08-2019
MonsterMoose

Only have one fob thats the problem other is lost, I opened mine up to take pics of the board and lift the numbers and try to locate a new unit......the search continues but I may have found the Mopar number......

Last edited by drover; 22-08-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 22-08-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 233 Times in 131 Posts

Okay so I believe the WK2 dealer will provide you with the 4Pin programming unlock code after searching on other forums. Obviously the writer in the form had to press the flesh to get the dealer to hand it over. Interesting in that with proof of ownership they are obliged to so third party providers can supply the services.

The little plastic melted and remove the board as it will continue to locate back in. Then if the IC is the same numbers then it will program whether two or three button.
Old 23-08-2019
MonsterMoose

Programming a new fob isn't a problem its finding one that is compatible, while they may look the same the board numbers for yank and export aren't, though I have discovered a Fiat uses the same board, get back to my locksmith and see what he has found out today....Suppose a quick call to a dealer might surprise with the cost.

Old 26-08-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 124 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

As a retired auto locksmith i had to find out about the fobs when i bought my Laredo in 14.
I had the option of buying genuine from the states including key blade for about $185. I found another from a Chinese wholesaler that was for a SRT, the numbers and importantly the remote frequency checked out.
The dealer gave me the pin (we cut and programmed a lot of their keys) and I programmed it in. Everything worked bar the normal start. Because the Laredo didn't have remote start modal fitted I have to press the tip of the fob to the start button. Otherwise everything is the same. Panic button works, tailgate button too so it confirmed those features are working just not included in the Laredo fob. So if you find a fob with other features don't be shy ordering, I'd just stay away from one with the remote start. I have done a post here on it but it would be a couple of years ago.
Old 28-08-2019
MonsterMoose

Well the plot so far is I have located the right part numbered fob in the US even ID'd as export, 68143501AC, my local locksmith has the machine to do the job which he hopes with the pin should do the job, $75 flag fall when he plugs in, I'm just a bit worried about the yank one working but 67HR has given me confidence, now to save my pennies ... and ring a dealer for the code, nearest one is like 180km away so they better do it on phone or email.

Post New Thread  Reply