My XJ Cherokee's...... - Page 10 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-01-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown64 View Post
I was thinking of this kit from Ebay to keep the rain out of the doors.
My wiper seals are all getting cracked.
Not cheap though..
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Window-S...J/361457842925

Rockauto has front outer wiper seals for about $20 each i think.

Cheers,
Not cheap that kit, but look like excellent quality. They have sold a fair few of them and eBay feedback rating is very good. They would certainly fix the problem.
Old 23-01-2021
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Well wasn't today FUN!... I organized my mate next door for 3 pm to do the tranny mount we will do this then have a few Beers prior I watched a few youtube vids and got the torque settings I put another 10 liters in it to bring it up to a 1/4 of a tank .... and the window switch has come back to life and works ................... I loaded the 99 up with the trolley jack and a 13.15.and 18 sockets to go next door on the concrete and in a carport for some shade I tried the key trick and taped the original key as close to the ignition as possible and it Doesn't Work! it cuts out after about 15 seconds .... BUMMER!
Before going next door I took it for a drive up the street It Drives Really Nice!
unfortunately no Rego otherwise it is Ripe for a good Test Drive
The youtube vids say it takes about 20 mins Yeah Sure!
The crossmember and old mount came out EASY
Off to a good start we pressure washed the cross member and transfer case guard then started to put it back together Nothing Lined Up ?
No matter what we did laying under the car Nothing Lined Up?
20 mins yeah! 2 Hours Later it's Beer O Clock! and it still don't fit ? the old mount was torn at both ends of the rubber but the 4 studs still lined up with the new one? Why Don't it Fit?
Like in the youtube videos I had the jack under the transfer case supporting the weight .. now the 99 has new engine mounts with 0 k's on them I said to my mate do you think in this position it is twisting the transmission? So we used a jack stand to take the weight and moved the jack tp support the transmission under the sump pan and guess what it all lined and we tightened everything up and cracked a Beer! 2 1/2 hours of Bullshit and its in but the rattle is still there worse actually it is the exhaust it was only in reverse now in all gears only at idle though I will look at that later so that's all the major surgery done now ...............
there are no holes but it could probably do with changing the 22 yr old exhaust but there is no one around here and is good enough to get a roadworthly so I can sit on that for a bit
Light bar needs to be wired up so does the trailer plug and fix the pass window ............... But it Drives Nice
Old 23-01-2021
CrawlerStar

Liked 228 Times in 157 Posts

the rattle may be the cat converter.
Old 24-01-2021
AJOR Bronze

No oldon it's not the cat rattle this is more like a bump bump hitting the floor something is bent
It could be as simple as a exhaust hanger bent..
I didn't even bother to look today ... I was sick of being underneath it after yesterday. I must say my hat goes off to you Tony pulling and refitting the transmission with a trolley jack and some Telstra rope ...
Old 25-01-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

does it sound like you have a machine gun under your XJ when driving ?

did you place the new mount on the ground stud end down and bounce up and down on it ? (there should be NO bounce)

There should be 2-3cm between the trans and skid plate
If there is only about 1cm, that is not ok
Old 25-01-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
No oldon it's not the cat rattle this is more like a bump bump hitting the floor something is bent
It could be as simple as a exhaust hanger bent..
I didn't even bother to look today ... I was sick of being underneath it after yesterday. I must say my hat goes off to you Tony pulling and refitting the transmission with a trolley jack and some Telstra rope ...
I changed my diff cover and developed a bump. It was the new larger diff cover hitting the gas tank. Bump stops fixed the issue. I got the bump noises going over speed bumps and potholes ect...
Old 25-01-2021
AJOR Bronze

No it is defiantly the exhaust it only does it on idle once the revs go up it's gone I might look tomorrow my right shoulder is feeling a bit better all that under the car stuff took it out of my arm (everything is one handed) it's only more CarKiller Damage to fix I got the ride on mower off him as well .... man he is hard on machines.
He broke the steering rack twice on the ride on mower? How Fast do You Mow Your Lawn?
He goes everywhere with his 85 yr old Mum who just sits there and knits
Poor Jeep Once he decided to park on top of this Huge dirt mound/Eroded Cliff and have lunch? 3/4 of the way up He Lost it and slid sideways down hitting big rocks and nasty erosions He almost rolled it ... Tore the drivers side step nearly off which sorta put the door and guard alignment out a bit twisted the crappy bull bar then he wired them back on? So it's probably a bent exhaust bracket another time he decided to not stay on the track and tore the side walls of 2 New Tires! Oh the stories can go on Lucky for the 99 the sensors started to play up and he got sick of it and gave it to me otherwise it would of been Flogged to Death!
He even Killed a Land Rover Diesel ? I have had my 96 for 8 years and he is on his 10th Car? I could go on
The tranny mount is stiff Tony and I will sort it out at least the 99 is Safe from Abuse
Post New Thread  Reply