My XJ Cherokee's...... - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-12-2020
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Seasons Greetings all ................... Unfortunately the patient did not survive the operation
I think I led myself down the garden path the DC cable did not plug into the motherboard it was a soldered fixture with a little burn mark .... bummer I liked that laptop ... anyway Boxing Day Sales ! I have a new one coming in the post
it rained in the outback .. giving the farmers a good Christmas and me a squeaky belt I forgot to cover the hood vents on the 96
Old 27-12-2020
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Happy holdidays Mark.
Bummer about the laptop. Every now and then you have to treat yourself to a bit of new technology though.
I just got the daughter an Apple Macbook Pro... She loves it. That will hopefully take her through to university.

My XJ is going gangbusters. Nothing to do at the moment but drive it like i stole it.

I don't get many problems with my hood vents. I can wash the car etc... and all is good.

At the moment, im mainly battling the WH Grand that i bought the daughter. Pain in the butt.... but i think im getting on top of it..

Cheers,
Old 27-12-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 145 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
Seasons Greetings all ................... Unfortunately the patient did not survive the operation
I think I led myself down the garden path the DC cable did not plug into the motherboard it was a soldered fixture with a little burn mark .... bummer I liked that laptop ... anyway Boxing Day Sales ! I have a new one coming in the post
it rained in the outback .. giving the farmers a good Christmas and me a squeaky belt I forgot to cover the hood vents on the 96
Gotta love DIYing.
Mrs asked me to have a look at the surround sound system.
Wouldn't turn on., yep , shes stuffed.
Plugged into surge protector ,
Go to JB , what surround sound that plays CD and has radio.
So he laughs and says not anymore.Sound bar is the go.
No CD or radio.
So , go home unplug unit to take to repair place.
Pulling on cord , wont come out.
Mrs had the salt lamp plugged into surge protector, surround into power board.
All of a sudden there is DIY fix hope.
Go and get multi meter
Pull the back off.
Find a fuse , test it , blown
Do the little "I'm a farken legend "dance around the kitchen.
Go down and rummage thru the electrical shit tray.
Find a fuse the right length, ask the daughter if it says 5 amp, she looks with her good eyes , a 5 or an S , something is scraped off.
Sit it on top of the toaster , plug it in , hands away , turn it on.
There's a bright flash , followed by a loud bang and lotsa smoke.
So , the next day bought a Yamaha receiver for $500 off gumtree, has bluetooth and wifi.
Then realise that really need an active sub , troll gumtree.
Wooders finally has my 32mm tierod done , excellent , go down , pick that up in Sydney , go and get the 250w woofer at the same time. Couldn't get hold of Woofer dude.
Go down pick up tierod.
Woofer dude ring the next day , just as I'm heading off wheeling.
Made a late arvo dash down and picked it up.
Place goes off now.
All the Mrs Christmas ornaments on the entertainment unit bounce.

Last edited by nitrobrent; 27-12-2020 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2021
AJOR Bronze

Yes you gotta love DIY especially out here where there No goods and services and if there is you are going to pay for it.
So you have to learn to fix it yourself.
I will try and fix anything ... most of the time you have nothing to loose.
The new laptop will arrive Monday by the tracking which is great all I have to do is transfer everything from the old hard drive ... but as they say "It always happens in 3's" First the laptop then the microwave and now the cloths dryer .... mind you they are all at least 10 yrs old as well so I really cant complain .
XJ NEWS after all the rain we have had I need to mow the lawn which means I have to move the 99 so I am going to test the theory about using the new non coded key and taping the original close to the ignition ?
Be interesting
Old 06-01-2021
AJOR Bronze

Why isn't anything easy .. I got my new HP laptop yesterday eagerly I set it up .. first hiccup you have to create a pin code I never pin code or password my computers but I have to now .
Up and running and online except the email wont work .. username/password bullshit (I am not stupid and have setup many computers over the years) I rang Telstra for HELP! approximate wait time is 20 mins so I waited 3 hours and 23 minutes later the battery went flat on the land line but around 2 hours I rang a different number on the mobile so I had 2 phones going at once.
After about a hour I got a guy on the mobile a foreign dude as soon as I identified myself we got cut off WTF called Telstra again and after about 50 mins got another foreign call center dude who was absolutely useless he give me such a run around I ended hanging up on him .
You are kidding me I know more about windows 10 after using Angelique's laptop for a month than you MR Foreign Telstra Tech.
Back on the phone first thing this morning I was prepared for a day long adventure I forget how long but after a while I got some Foreign lady who had no idea .... same time I was on live chat with a Telstra person talk about desperate ...............
She eventually suggested Telstra Platinum oh yeah money I am not paying $10 extra a month or a one off $30 if they cant fix it you don't get charged ok why not I got connected to a Real Australian in Perth now were getting some where we tried for ages to repair the damage caused by the Foreign Telstra Tech Dude in the end he wanted remote access ok I said but the stupid windows wont install anything unless it comes from the Microsoft store windows 10 is in S Mode WTF!
And you had to receive emails from Microsoft to turn S Mode off Nightmare! He had never seen windows 10 like this out the box
Finally got the email working after about 2 hours and still stuck in S Mode .........................
Long tech story but we had to go into windows/system and refresh a file andthat ficed it
I sure got my $30 worth from Telstra Platinum .
Still retrieving stuff from the old Toshiba hard drive so it is a sorta happy ending finally got my emails and the hydro dip dudes never got back to me oh well I will try again no rush
Old 06-01-2021
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Why does everything have to be so difficult. These mobs charge a fortune for overpriced internet and then give no service back.
Im running Windows 7 and its pretty good, but every now and then it goes a bit buggy.
At least you have it all up and running. Now time to work on your Jeeps again.
Can't even talk about my XJ, as its the daily driver and just everything works and runs great. 39C again today, and went to the city and back, and she never got over half (about 93C).

Cheers,
Old 06-01-2021
AJOR Bronze

My old Toshiba was windows 7 I liked 7 ... but now I am slowly getting used to 10 and reasonably happy I took the trailer loads of rubbish to the dump and who was there bur another local xj owner this older fellow who has a welding works has a 96 owned it since new a sport he clipped a roo and damaged the pass headlight bezel asked me if I knew of any wrecking no try the jeep wreckers at Harvey bay I told him ... hope he fixes it as it is in such good condition
Post New Thread  Reply