Filters WK2 Diesel - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2022
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,895 Times in 2,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Interesting comments re filters.Recently used top line Ryco in my 2014 GC SRT hemi ,non return valve failure.Been using Mann in my 2010 GC diesel,couldnt get them and Sydney filters sent Cooper Wesfil.First oil change noted these filters very distorted ie medium fins twisted .Sent a photo to SF and they said they new of this problem and that CW were not near the quality of Mann!
Have never noticed any distortion on any of my oil filters for the diesels 2.7 or 3lt only element jobs so no NRV to worry about...... After years of Made In Germany on my Mann Filters it came to pass ages ago I spotted Made In China, a sad time indeed.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 10-01-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,119 Times in 594 Posts

I was pretty cheesed off when i bought a "genuine" Mopar oil filter recently..."Made in China", and $70.00 from a Dealer!
Though I currently have a "genuine" oil filter fitted I will probably go back to Cooper.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know of an Amsoil distributor in Queensland?
I have been researching oils for my VM 3L Diesel and Amsoil have the best specs I have found followed by Shell Rotella T6. I have Penrite in my Jeep atm, but will be changing to the Rotella next oil change...
Old 10-01-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 436 Times in 264 Posts

Good luck getting Rotella on a regular basis mate. It is very good oil and I used to use it til supply became worse than useless and shipping from US exhorbitant. Why Shell Aus doesn't import this stuff is beyond me.
Old 10-01-2022
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
Good luck getting Rotella on a regular basis mate. It is very good oil and I used to use it til supply became worse than useless and shipping from US exhorbitant. Why Shell Aus doesn't import this stuff is beyond me.
Frustrates me too, supply is very spasmodic. I've looked 'till exhausted which is why I stick to Penrite.
Old 10-01-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,119 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
I've got 10.5 litres of Shell Rotella T6 5w40 Diesel Engine Oil due to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday...certainly not cheap...$173.84 inc delivery from GL Lubricants in Sydney....$16.56 per litre in fact! The specifications of the Rotella T6 are the best I can find...next to Amsoil.

Amsoil offers the best CJ-4 compliant spec imo, I can get Amsoil Signature Series 5w40 Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil from an Amsoil dealer in WA, but, economically would need to purchase a box of 4 x US gallon containers giving me just over 15 litres for $360 plus shipping...not all that bad I suppose as that would give me 2 oil changes @ $15.12 per litre...cheaper than the Rotella....but dearer than Nulon or Penrite.

Having tried Nulon and Penrite I'll give both the above a run and choose which i ultimately prefer...
Old 10-01-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 79 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Can't say I was very impressed with the Wesfil cabin filter, seems a bit lighter than the original

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,895 Times in 2,306 Posts

Looked at the specs sheets for Rotella, Amsol, Enviro and Magnetec DX and honestly the difference seemed bugga all and having run the Magnetec DX and Penrite all 5W40 in 3 engines covering probably 250,000km each I couldn't see why I would throw the extra money, none of these engines have given any trouble mostly doing long fast runs or long towing....

What is it about the Amsol or Rotella that makes them stand out more ??..........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply