ZJ Brake Upgrade - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Technical
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-10-2010
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ZJ Brake Upgrade

Hey guys,

Looking at upgrading the brakes on my 96 ZJ Grand Cherokee Laredo . My current rotors have already been machined as much as they can be and the cost of upgrading to slotted rotors is only an extra $70/ pair.

So i was wondering if anyone could tell me if replacing my solid rortors with slotted ones (but not cross drilled) would in any way be a bad idea. I guess i am most concerned that when going through very wet areas off road they might be more prone to warping??? Any thoughts would be great!!!
Old 27-10-2010
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Ive got slotted on front & reckon they are a good upgrade, havent had any trouble.
Old 28-10-2010
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello,
Slotted rotors are more efficient at dissipating heat and reducing brake fade. However they do have a tendency to hold mud and warm when crossing water without allowing them to cool for a while.
A good upgrade to look at without replacing the solid rotors is brake pads. I just put some EBC Green Stuff 600 SUV brake pads on my XJ. I am running 32’s and wanted batter braking performance.
I have had these for about a week now and absolutely love them. They are a bit noisier but who cares of the hum of the muddies. Another important factor a lot of people overlook is ensuring the system is bled correctly and the brake fluid quality is good.
Good Luck with it.
Old 20-05-2011
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

rotorsI put sloted rotors with bendix 4wd pads improved braking so much good investment
Post New Thread  Reply