Blown up my CRD - Page 13 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009
Caped crusader

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post
At the end of the day legally you are out of warranty, whether by a few k or a few thousand. It's quite clear that Jeep Australia aren't going to come to the party, similar to those Jeeps that have burnt.
That's not strictly speaking true.

The express warranty may have expired, but not necessarily their obligations by way of statutory/implied warranty. The Trade Practices Act does provide some level of protection, especially under ss. 71(1) and 66(2).

Jenko, in order to get the verbal discussions you've had that would support you in writing, I would suggest writing an email or a letter to each of the individuals who made the comments with the comment that were made, asking them to refute if they've been misquoted.

Also. given the sort of dollars involved here, it may be worth your while to get in touch with at minimum Fair Trading Qld or better yet, your solicitor to produce a letter of demand per the TPA.

Being *only just* out of warranty doesn't cut it, and the dealer should know better.

Last edited by pugsly; 09-01-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-01-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

My PA is a personal friend to the head of marketing and product strategy for Crysler Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific Region. I have had a few emails about some of the issues that people have had with their JK's.

If no-one has any objections I would like to invite him to join AJOR and read the forums himself.

I have also invited him wheeling next time he is in Sydney (he is based in Melbourne), so expect an invitation to join me when he is next up.

PureCaboose.
Old 09-01-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureCaboose View Post
My PA is a personal friend to the head of marketing and product strategy for Crysler Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific Region. I have had a few emails about some of the issues that people have had with their JK's.

If no-one has any objections I would like to invite him to join AJOR and read the forums himself.

I have also invited him wheeling next time he is in Sydney (he is based in Melbourne), so expect an invitation to join me when he is next up.

PureCaboose.
I changed my mind Pure Caboose. Invite him to join

Last edited by jenkomagic; 09-01-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2009
RubiconSlammer

Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts

Why would you prefer that no one from Chrysler read these threads?

Surely you feel that you are in the right and have nothing to hide?
Old 09-01-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Coast Wrangler View Post
Why would you prefer that no one from Chrysler read these threads?

Surely you feel that you are in the right and have nothing to hide?
I'm taking someones advise from this thread. I just don't want to make the mistake of letting them know my strategy to resolve this matter.

But I'm pretty sure they are reading anyway thats all. I wouldn't be putting in all this effort if I was in the wrong. You get bad Karma when you ask for something you don't deserve.
But, when you know you are in the right, you will fight it till death and have no issues doing so.
Thats my vent for the day, thanks

Last edited by jenkomagic; 09-01-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

I'm sure they are Jenkomagic and why wouldn't they. But they're not learning. Also in todays Melbourne Herald Sun Cars Guide they quote Chrysler sales as being down 19% over the past year and that if they shut down in Oz only the enthusiasts would notice.

Well I would suggest that it is Chryslers attitude to its customers followed by their parts pricing structure which is what is losing them sales and support - not the cars per se.

And it is enthusiasts [now ex enthusiasts] which are taking their cheque books elsewhere. Seems like history is repeating itself with similar circumstances to when Jeep bailed out of Oz last time.

I've seen many car dealers treat their customers and their cars far better even when the car with a problem is a used car than Chrysler treats its new car customers.

Perhaps it will be au revoir Jeep in Oz soon, never to return. I wonder would they acknowledge it was an administration fault and not the product?
Old 09-01-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

Pugsly,

The reason I suggested the ACCC was in relation to the Trade Practices Act bearing in mind the fact that the engine/vehicle was just out of warranty.

Once it's out of warranty it's out of warranty and without litigating the matter for resolution a consumer is in the hands of the goodwill of the manufacturer.

I do not believe that the wording of s 66 or 71 of the Trade Practices Act provides for any statutory or implied warranty once the warranty expires.

s71 relates to goods supplied under a contract, in the case of a warranty contract, that contract expires as soon as the warranty expires. Under contract law a contract has no force of law over anything that occurs after that contract ceases because it doesn't exist then.

s 66 relates to Interpretation of the Act. Subsection 2 relates to goods that are of merchantable quality if they are as fit for the purpose or purposes for which the goods of that kind are commonly bought. I suggest that a blown engine couldn't be held to be of merchantable quality??

I'm not sure if the ACCC could wield any power and force the manufacturer repair the engine BUT they may have some influence in relation to this ridiculous repair bill
Post New Thread  Closed Thread