Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 242 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-10-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I put that same size on my 2010 3.8 and I could not feel any difference. Made me think I should have gone bigger
Old 24-10-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaz View Post
How much of the tyre will be sticking out the flares if using 35" on 4.75BS -12 offset?
I am running that setup on my JKU. I have attached an image that doesn't fully show the protrusion but gives an idea of scale. Seacomms is right - the tyres stuck out by a good inch or more depending on whether you included lugs on the muddies.

I fitted Trailmods removable flares straight away because from the rear it was pretty obvious. These flares provided about an inch and a half extra coverage on each corner, and only just cover everything,

Last edited by Harley; 24-10-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 24-10-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And here are pics of the lift going on a few months ago. Synergy 3in progressive coils and fox remotes. Replaced the Mopar/Lovells stuff. Fortunately, there was an issue with the Mopar coils where they were crashing in to the sway bar link on one side, and the dealer replaced under warranty, and I provided the new suspension components, and they were all fitted by the dealer. Future warranty could be an interesting conversation if the dealer has fitted themselves.

You can see in one picture, where she is back on the ground, that it is sitting pretty high. I measured height to guard before the lift change out (with a 2in lift installed) and after the install it picked up just over 10cm, and so was sitting at 4 and a half over stock. But it has settled now and is probably 3 and a half. The lift has been awesome. Immediately after I did rear track bar bracket, brake line brackets, front steering damper flip, already had front swaybar discos, and installed rear extended sway bar links (I think that's about it). I am about to fit Synergy adjustable panhard rod to better centre the rear diff.

Last edited by Harley; 24-10-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 24-10-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Since it has dropped do yourself and your bushes a favor and loosen all trackbar and control arm bolts. Let it sit for a little while and bounce it around then retorque them all back to spec to allow all the bushes to recentre themselves

Oh and by the way looks pretty good!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 25-10-2013
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
Since it has dropped do yourself and your bushes a favor and loosen all trackbar and control arm bolts. Let it sit for a little while and bounce it around then retorque them all back to spec to allow all the bushes to recentre themselves

Oh and by the way looks pretty good!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
that's some sage advice right there
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5
Old 27-10-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89_tintop View Post
Not north side but try fourby's at morooka for a price.. That's who I went through for my mickey Thompson tyres.. They were the cheapest out of the handful of places I called. Plus they gave me a great trade in price on the ones I was taking off.
I am going to get them from there in a couple of weeks, what size/type did you get?
Old 28-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default advice

Hi all, I need some advice on what suspension I should get for the rubicon.
I'm leaning towards dbor tourer kit 3" $2100. I'm running 33" tiers, maybe I'll put 35's.
I want something comfy and soft. But can take the load. It has front and rear bars. 40L engle and other odds and ends. Winch will be added soon.
I have had problems with so called "better ride than stock" claims in the past. And do not want to repeat it this time around.
What bo yous recommend? Maybe anything else at around$2500? Thank you