Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 282 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-03-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 119 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroGantz View Post
What tyres do you have? If still stock then that is the place to go, if you have already upgraded I wouldn't be in a rush to change anything else yet unless you are having issues.

EDIT: I just noticed the sways bit, definitely get sway bar disconnects.
Standard sized toyo a/t. Bought it with them and they're at probably 60 percent left. New tyres won't be happening too soon. Its the steering geometry that leaves me wondering what I should get to keep the steering tight. Needs to drive well on bitumen is a priority in case mum has to drive bub somewhere in it. Don't want it wandering.
Old 25-03-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

I am thinking that with a 2" lift you should be ok as is but if you are concerned go and have a chat to one of the vendors, I think (hope) they are all honest enough to not sell parts you do not need.
Old 26-03-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

With 2in lift the already low stock caster angle will be climbing down toward the point where it will increase the chances of front end wobbles. Personally (and from past experience) I would be sticking either adjustable control arms or the AEV drop brackets. I put the drop brackets in and the infrequent wobbles I was getting ceased, but the damage was already done and not long after new tie rod, drag link and ball joints were required.

Keep the caster up around the 5° mark and that should keep your front end in tact.

Firstly I would look at what shocks you have. If longer, you may need to lower the brake line mount brackets and check the ABS cabling is long enough.

From there I would add the front adjustable disconnects to get your sway bar level and easy to drop off if crawling and check your rear sway bar links as they may need to be longer.

Check axle centre, at 2.5in on mine its border line whether I could get away with it as my axles were approx 6mm offset. I bit the bullet and stuck a front adjustable track bar and rear Teraflex axle mounted bracket.

When funds allow get bigger tyres!

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 26-03-2014
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian View Post

2.5 aev 305/70/17 on aev rims
Just wondering, with those wheels and tyres, do they fit under the guards?
Old 26-03-2014
westside wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Lift and Tyres of your JK

No not really, if I put some rubber flair strip around it would be fine. But I did get a going over by the cops a few nights ago and they did not say anything about it, they were just trying to defect me for over size tyres (which they could not as they are legal on my rubi) I love how the tyres sit just right .

Last edited by ian; 26-03-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 26-03-2014
Established Member

Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

Hi guys,

I have a new lift / front bar on order with Stu from Murchison in Brissy and am going to be getting it all put on next week (Fingers crossed, just depends when the order comes in / if they have time). But I just had a thought ..... Should I be buying new wheels / rubber before then? Or is it okay to do that after the lift has gone on?
Old 26-03-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGB View Post
Hi guys,

I have a new lift / front bar on order with Stu from Murchison in Brissy and am going to be getting it all put on next week (Fingers crossed, just depends when the order comes in / if they have time). But I just had a thought ..... Should I be buying new wheels / rubber before then? Or is it okay to do that after the lift has gone on?
Its fine to run on the standard rubber mate, took me 12 months to upgrade my Wheels & tyres.