J & J Bull Bars need our help ! - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts

I'm not that keen on the J&J bullbar, i think it needs to look less like a LR Defender Bar. Something like this:

I like this design too:

Hope the owners of of the photo's don't mind

Old 25-11-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE View Post
Wanderer is correct, we have a volunteer.
I've booked the 24/25 November with JJ Bullbar and will post the result after.
The date depends on if Westside 4x4 can fit my fuel tank, 2nd battery and lift kit before then.

Rear wheel carrier will be fitted byTJM from Maroochydore, asap.

Will let you know how it goes.

Pieter
Hey Pieter, how's it ? Any news from J&J yet ?
Old 26-11-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Salesguy...Think he's decided to opt out of development but I'll let Pieter expand on this and why. There has been lots of discussion about alternative development though on:
'Guess Who's Getting A Bullbar': http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...5&goto=newpost

Thanks mate - yeah I've been reading that thread.

It's just unfortunate, I've got a customer who was depending upon this bar getting measured up this week. I just called Jason at J&J and he told me that
Pieter pulled out. I really appreciate the fact that Pieter was helping me out, but now I've got to give my customer the bad news.

Damn.
Old 11-01-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The JJ bullbar hold up against a Roo.
On my trip down to Melbourne a Roo jump infront of me. I was travelling roundabout 80km/hr, braked hard and hit the roo with the centre of the bar.
No damage to the the bar.
Old 25-01-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts
Default Bullbar

I know someone has asked ECB the question but I noted on their web site that they were now manfacturing bullbars for the Great Wall Ute. So I asked ECB the question one last time, details below:

My email to ECB
Hi,
I notice you are starting to manufacture bullbars for low production vehicles (ie.Great Wall).

Will you be developing a bullbar for the Jeep Commander, at the moment the only supplier in brisbane is J&J Bullbars and these are a bit truck like. There is a lot of interest from owners throughout Australia and the world for a nice looking bar. If required I would be prepared to offer up my vehicle for testing.
Some photo's are at our forum:
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=90539

Their reply
Hello Dave,
Thank you for your interest in our product. Unfortunately we will not be producing products for the Jeep Commander.

National sales figures indicate that 169 of these vehicles were sold for the calendar year of 2009. (By comparison, the Great wall V240 sold 1342 for the portion of the year it was available – source: VFACTS 12/2009 Report). Due to these low sales volumes, the investment costs involved in developing a product range for this vehicle would not be returned in product sales.

Sorry we could not assist in this instance, however please feel free to reply or call if you have any further enquiries.

Kind regards

I think we can cross them off the list of possible manufacturers.

Old 26-01-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

The Great Wall ute is just a Holden/Isuzu Rodeo with a different front end. I don't think it would have taken much, if any, engineering/design for them to make their existing bar fit the great wall ute.
Old 29-01-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know its been a while since these posts but has anyone found bullbars for the Commanders yet? I need one and soon.
Thanks
Post New Thread  Reply