JK drivers post your pics - Page 436 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim@ View Post
Angusc what brand tent is that?
It's a Roo Systems
The material is a lot thicker than most of the others and I prefer the shape of the canopy above the ladder - more room to fit your head!
Have to say, though, that some of the holes for assembling the tent were not in the right position - needed redrilling. Otherwise really easy and comfortable (with the addition of 100mm of memory foam over the mattress - luxury!)
Depending on your lift you may need a ladder extension. I've got 3" plus the Gobi racks
Old 05-02-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Great I'm actually getting that exact one. I haven't even seen it though. Purchased it with a fridge and awning combo.

So you have another mattress on top?

Does that mean I could leave a Doona and pillows in it and still fold it up?

How long with two of you to set up and pack away?

Overall happy?
Old 06-02-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Really happy with it. Also got the annex and perfect for longer stays but we were single nights in each place so was quicker not to put the awning up.
Setup time 5 minutes - really
With annex and zippers etc about 10-15
Pack away in about 10minutes.

We put the memory foam over the mattress - but difficult to close the tent up - a thin doona would be fine - pillows won't fit really unless very compressible. You can see I have the space case up front so that will take other things. The mattress is fine but the slight extra is wonderful - need to keep my wife happy!

Survived a big thunderstorm and hard rain for 24hrs with no leaks - so really happy with it.
Old 06-02-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts

Brisbane Jeep Club over nighter to LCMP, we did Cruiser Canyon which was fantastic, all Jeep through from stock to lifted with no damage, Fruju wasa the only one to come up Camp Rd in his Rubicon, small rip in his roof and a scrap along his right front fender but he drove it very well.

Cruiser Canyon

Camp Rd

Plenty more pictures here
http://s660.photobucket.com/user/Hot...P%20Feb%202014

Red JKU, AEV Front & Rear Bar, AEV 2.5 XT Lift.
TJM Winch, Sharpwrax Super Spoiler.

Last edited by Hotdognz; 06-02-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-02-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 103 Times in 62 Posts

Awesome Stephen. I just showed my wife what we got up to. There were a couple of expletives then she said she was glad she didn't go. What did I tell you.
Old 06-02-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: JK drivers post your pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruju View Post
Awesome Stephen. I just showed my wife what we got up to. There were a couple of expletives then she said she was glad she didn't go. What did I tell you.
Looks like you guys had a great time. Awesome photos Stephen. Well done Joe, more roof damage....?
Old 06-02-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruju View Post
She would have been alright, Marg and Nat could have hung around the camp reading Womans day and drinking some good NZ wine and chilling out.

Red JKU, AEV Front & Rear Bar, AEV 2.5 XT Lift.
TJM Winch, Sharpwrax Super Spoiler.
Post New Thread  Reply