ESP Disable - Take two - Page 14 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-09-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I actually had mine in at the dealership (warantee matter) not long ago and evidently, they 'flashed' my 07 Model CRD with an upgrade to the ESP System.

Now, the ESP Off button actually turns everything off, we go in two steps, the first will just turn off Traction Control (allowing me to finally have some sideways fun on Dirt Roads) and the second, while holding the ESP Off Button for about 10 seconds, totally disables the ESP Program including the Brake Lock Diffs (tested in the Tassie Mud and yes, I can now spin all the wheels without interferance) which does indeed make the JK more capable in the really soft and boggy stuff as I can now actually clear the tyres!

Although it does make cleaning it afterwards a little harder.....
Old 27-09-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD4FUN View Post
Hope this helps I have also list of codes and what they relate to if required.
Thanks but i read all that on Project JK, i think you misunderstood my question, i know how to do it, and have a list of the codes, i just cant get it to work i.e. i dont get the dashes in the odometer.
i do this proceedure-

1. To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.

And nothing

my question was has anyone got this to work

Last edited by ShortBlack; 27-09-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 27-09-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALS-JK View Post
Thanks but i read all that on Project JK, i think you misunderstood my question, i know how to do it, and have a list of the codes, i just cant get it to work i.e. i dont get the dashes in the odometer.
i do this proceedure-

1. To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.

And nothing

my question was has anyone got this to work
weve had 3 zjs and wj and this has worked on 2 of the zjs and the wj but i cant get it to work on my current zj!
Old 28-09-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yep, works on mine, an 07 diesel.
Old 28-09-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
yep, works on mine, an 07 diesel.
how did you do it? Quick on off rotations of the Key or slow?
One click back from ignition on or rotate all the way to off (as if you were going to take the key out) then back to ignition.
did you have to hold your tongue to the left car facing east and press a secret code into the radio lol

I just cant cant seem to get mine to do it! time for a beer and give up for a while
Old 28-09-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

Well I finally pulled my finger out and installed a disable switch and what an amazing difference it make for normal driving !, I know its bright but I will probably keep its use to a minimum and for only offroad use. I only got motivated after taking my mates worked XR6 turbo for a spin today which has the ability to disable the traction control. Photo show the switch closed and with normal ESP/abs and the switch on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fun Switch 004.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	35726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fun Switch 008.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	35727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fun Switch 009.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	35728  

Last edited by Stevil; 28-09-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 28-09-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALS-JK View Post
how did you do it? Quick on off rotations of the Key or slow?
One click back from ignition on or rotate all the way to off (as if you were going to take the key out) then back to ignition.
did you have to hold your tongue to the left car facing east and press a secret code into the radio lol

I just cant cant seem to get mine to do it! time for a beer and give up for a while
i tried a few ways , but the one that worked best was just "on/off" "on/off" "on/off" "on" very quickly and without pausing to give lights or dash a chance to do anything. just onoffonoffonoffon. all one continuous action. then it worked fine.
Post New Thread  Reply