Grand Willys Project - Page 79 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
Who would have though all this would bolt up to a 5.7, even though for a 6.1, and in a 1948 Willys Truck frame!
Amazing work gojeep! Testament to your craftmanship and forward planning I think!!

Re the cats, I know you've prob already looked into this, but what about Magnaflow's hi-flow cats? According to flow test they are the highest flowing aftermarket cats on the market apparently and everyone that fits them don't seem to have any codes..? I don't know this for sure for our Jeeps, but def with other vehicles, and I will find out soon on my WJ as I have one waiting to in. Furthermore are you going to run a piggyback (or something similar) tuner? If yes the software may have provisions to adjust the O2 readings and therefore get rid of the code if there is one?. Just be a shame to have such a nice exhaust system only to restrict the flow with stock cats..
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 04-02-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
Amazing work gojeep! Testament to your craftmanship and forward planning I think!!

be a shame to have such a nice exhaust system only to restrict the flow with stock cats..
....##LIKE##....

nice work gojeep starting on the body work soon??
Old 05-02-2013
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post

Re the cats, I know you've prob already looked into this, but what about Magnaflow's hi-flow cats? According to flow test they are the highest flowing aftermarket cats on the market apparently and everyone that fits them don't seem to have any codes..? I don't know this for sure for our Jeeps, but def with other vehicles, and I will find out soon on my WJ as I have one waiting to in. Furthermore are you going to run a piggyback (or something similar) tuner? If yes the software may have provisions to adjust the O2 readings and therefore get rid of the code if there is one?. Just be a shame to have such a nice exhaust system only to restrict the flow with stock cats..
The problem with the cats is with the Euro3 spec which effects cars from 07 or 08 on I believe. Plenty are having problems in the US with the late model Mustangs and Camaros etc with the same codes. Only the Gesi cats sold through Kooks are epa approved there and wont throw a code.
http://www.nmcadigital.com/2012/09/1...engine-lights/
The stock cats have been tested to flow quite well so long as you open the in and outlets up. They actually run a tube inside the outer tube and it is only 2.25" big! I will opened them up to 3" and tig the pipe directly to the housing. That is 33% bigger.
There are tuners out there that will just allow you to turn off the rear after cat sensors. They don't effect the running of the engine at all as only function is to monitor the effectiveness of the cat. Seen a few posts about buying these tuners though to use here and the Euro VIN we have was not recognized, so couldn't be used. Manufacture does not state this on their site though!
Anyone know of a tuner that does work on our WH? I will need one just to set up tyres size difference etc anyway and dare say I will run into more things once completed.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 05-02-2013
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie Jeeper View Post
....##LIKE##....

nice work gojeep starting on the body work soon??
I hope to soon but will get the exhaust sorted first while it is easy to get too. Only problem is that my cat back ordered on the 21st of Jan has still not arrived. I ordered it from Autoplicity and it was wrongly sent to their warehouse instead of directly to me. They didn’t notice for 6 days and I had to work out what happened. On the 30th they said it would be resent on the 31st and new tracking numbers would be given. I have still not received it and my emails are being ignored when requesting them!
Besides that I am in the middle of putting the en-suite back together and that has priority. After that the second bathroom starts. I only get a bit of spare time when waiting for plaster or some thing else to dry.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 05-02-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thumbs up

nice not long now i dont know alot about welding panels and to be honest im terrified of it haha i will enjoy watching u cut it into little pieces and put it back together
Old 06-02-2013
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 300 Times in 245 Posts

Hi Marcus,

This mob http://www.autoenginuity.com do a DRBIII product which would support your vehicle, it may do (some of) what you are looking for.

Jason
Old 06-02-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
The problem with the cats is with the Euro3 spec which effects cars from 07 or 08 on I believe. Plenty are having problems in the US with the late model Mustangs and Camaros etc with the same codes. Only the Gesi cats sold through Kooks are epa approved there and wont throw a code.
http://www.nmcadigital.com/2012/09/1...engine-lights/
The stock cats have been tested to flow quite well so long as you open the in and outlets up. They actually run a tube inside the outer tube and it is only 2.25" big! I will opened them up to 3" and tig the pipe directly to the housing. That is 33% bigger.
There are tuners out there that will just allow you to turn off the rear after cat sensors. They don't effect the running of the engine at all as only function is to monitor the effectiveness of the cat. Seen a few posts about buying these tuners though to use here and the Euro VIN we have was not recognized, so couldn't be used. Manufacture does not state this on their site though!
Anyone know of a tuner that does work on our WH? I will need one just to set up tyres size difference etc anyway and dare say I will run into more things once completed.
Ah I see... Well at least you're able to open the inlet and outlets of the stock cats then, and esp to 3"! That'll get some flow through them for sure.

Re tuners, there was a thread recently in the 'Grand Cherokee' section where someone unfortunately found out the hard way with a US tuner on our Euro spec vehicles, and then others claimed to have tuners that did work, so maybe check that thread out. Also AEV do a procal (I think its called that) tuner for the WH/XH's that allow you to re calibrate for change in tyre size etc and sorts out the speedo/ODO/trip computer/trans shift points/ESP/Traction control/ABS/etc accordingly, maybe that's worth a look. Then there's also CRDSTU who has the GDE tune for diesels but that may also work on the Hemi(?) or at least CRDSTU has something else for the Hemi?
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Post New Thread  Reply