WARNING! stay away from imported fuel - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-05-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my worst experiance was when we went to selas rocks at christmas and i was having trouble getting premium and i was pushint the empty trying to find it and put liberty i think in and on idle i was waiting for the big bang got disgusting mileage out of it absoloute rubbish if you ask me but every car is different i guess some will run fine sum only like the best
Old 26-05-2008
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Theres nothing wrong with E10 but fuel quality can vary from place to place.
Unleaded has a fairly short 'shelf' life, so servos that have slow turn over will have stale fuel ,causes poor run,power loss ,flat spots,hard start ,the works.
Remember E10 is 10% ethanol 90% unleaded, so same problems.
Also, some servos have more water in there tanks & if they are low you could get a dose.
Fresh clean E10 has higher octane rating than unleaded & will run better accordingly.
As for bio-diesel, I believe its more viscous & has better lube than normal diesel (especially the low sulphur stuff).
I think its probably fine in older style diesels (low press.) but would be hesitant in using with new ultra high press. injection motors.
Old 26-05-2008
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

shell v-power is the way to go 4 me. maybe minor power increase however i find better fuel economy with it as compared to regular unleaded, and the more km's i get seems to be better value for the extra 10 cents i pay. however used mobil's most premium petrol whatever it was, got only 350kms from a full tank, driving to and from ballarat (bout 180kms) from where i live, however i found i had much more power, and better response, but with such poor economy it was hardly worth it. just a thought...
Old 27-05-2008
Ive been here for a while

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

the woolies servi up the road from me sells E10.. I use it in the subaru.. no problems. use to run it in the jeep when I could too.. actually found it to be better than most other standed blends.s excepts for BP and shell. they are by far the best fuels to use in my old jeep.and if money is no object the top range stuff was without a doubt the best.
was this on topic,chilliman???

Old 27-05-2008
BANNED AGAIN

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

On a side note -

If any of you own boats, do not use Ethanol fuels in your outboards it will eventually damage your motor due to the moisture being trapped. No outboard manufacturers recommend the use of Ethanol fuels and generally won't warrenty a motor that has been damaged from Ethanol usage; unless a water sepating filter is also installed.

Boats are generally more prone to Ethanol fuel damage as they generally aren't used to the same extent (frequency) as cars, therefore the fuel will sit longers and the moisture will corrode the motor.
Old 27-05-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ethanol isn't all bad, they run indie cars on a blend of ethanol and methanol.
But as mr chilli says it isn't good for engines that don't get regular use.
Post New Thread  Reply