JKU Diff Gears - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2020
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 45 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep'ers View Post
If you’re staying at that size tyre the recommendation I’ve had is no need or if you’d like to improve power then 4:11

I’ve gone to 35x12.5xR17 and have gone to 4:88s to improve economy and a little power. I run the 3.6 manual jku with bars and so on... I also have locked the rear and left the front unlocked as I have the standard d30 up front and have been told by a few retailers and mechs that I’ll break more than I need to if I lock 4:88s on a dirty 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would depend on how you drive it. iv got a 3.6 auto on 37s and i fine them a little to much, id prefer the 4.56, but im guessing the manual is better suited.

As for the OP, if I were you id be looking towards an ECU flash, I had mine done and I was running 305s, I wouldnt regear after the tune.
Old 08-08-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep'ers View Post
If you’re staying at that size tyre the recommendation I’ve had is no need or if you’d like to improve power then 4:11

I’ve gone to 35x12.5xR17 and have gone to 4:88s to improve economy and a little power. I run the 3.6 manual jku with bars and so on... I also have locked the rear and left the front unlocked as I have the standard d30 up front and have been told by a few retailers and mechs that I’ll break more than I need to if I lock 4:88s on a dirty 30

I’ve got D44’s front and rear, but have always been of the belief that D30’s are way more durable than you would be led to believe.
Old 30-08-2020

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks for advice guys, I think the stock gears in my jk are 3.21 and a change to 4.11 would give the car better acceleration. Only down side I guess is what rpm I'll be sitting at when driving on the motorway. A tune would be better to go with first just wanted to see what other have experienced with there setups. I have a Manual Diesel does anyone else with a Manual Diesel run 4.11?
Old 03-09-2020
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mJeepedAs View Post
Thanks for advice guys, I think the stock gears in my jk are 3.21 and a change to 4.11 would give the car better acceleration. Only down side I guess is what rpm I'll be sitting at when driving on the motorway. A tune would be better to go with first just wanted to see what other have experienced with there setups. I have a Manual Diesel does anyone else with a Manual Diesel run 4.11?
I've got a 2008 JKU which I swapped out the 3.21s for 4.11s. It's night and day and what the CRD manuals should have all come with that ratio out of the box. In fact the 2007 did have that. I managed to snag a set from someone quite a few years back.

4.11 kits for the d30 are available, but you'll also need a carrier for a 3.27 up as the 3.21 is different.
Old 08-09-2020

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks Jasper this is what I was looking for. Lucky the carriers don't cost to much I guess. Can't wait to change the gears and get a tune sounds like the car will drive much different.
Old 08-09-2020
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JL
Liked 49 Times in 38 Posts

I have a 3.6 2 door manual sport with 33s and went 4.11 ratios.
Because you will need new carriers it’s a good excuse to throw lockers at it, I twin locked mine.
Very happy with the results and I regularly get better then 12L/100 when towing my camper and mid 10L/100 when not towing
Old 09-09-2020
Rated the trail

Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep View Post
I have a 3.6 2 door manual sport with 33s and went 4.11 ratios.
Because you will need new carriers it’s a good excuse to throw lockers at it, I twin locked mine.
Very happy with the results and I regularly get better then 12L/100 when towing my camper and mid 10L/100 when not towing

Why would you need new carriers? I didn’t...