flares - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-02-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default flares

ok i know we have covered this topic a bit but i seen a cj with a set of bushwacker flares on it then done some looking around and found a photo of one what is the genral opinion are there any other styles people like As i need to cover my rubber better before rego any input would be helpful
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1091007.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	8869  
Old 16-02-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ACJ

i think that the guy that works with TW( i think his name is travis) has a CJ7 that runs 15x 12" and has some nice looking flares to cover not sure what brand or if custom made but looked good could try contact them
or TW might post on here if he see's it

worth a try

Old 16-02-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

oh yeh
i think the bushwacker flares look pretty cool

Old 16-02-2004

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Allan,

Are they CJ or YJ pocket style flares from bushwacker there ?

Bush wacker only has the pic of their horrible ricer table top flat flare that I hate the look of for a CJ but they mention they have pocket style ones

I like the look of that CJ and have seen the YJ ones on a CJ8 that looked very tough

How much cutting is needed for these ? more or less than a TJ flare ?

I think the cost will kill it but I like them better than TJ flares

Talk to Sub as Mark had a few issues with his XJ flares as they require massive cutting to fit and were a PIA

Also I would ask on JU as there is a lot more chance one of those guys have seen them in the flesh unlike us

May even be interested in a set if that changed the price any but doubt it you know me but I am a tight A$$ and dont spend much on my budget CJ
Old 17-02-2004
westside wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

I like the bushwacker flares! I think they look like old SLR 5000 flares.sweet I am going to cut mine for tj flares next week, let you know how it goes.
Old 17-02-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Dave,

That pic i got from 4 wheeldrive hardware should be cj will try to find out
more
The guy i seen with the cj told me he had to cut a bit out but not sure
how much a bit is but i did like the look it was sweeet

Im thinking of the 4.5 rubicon lift , those flares and 35's and ditch the
body lift and hey presto the jeep is done
Old 17-02-2004

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

sounds like a mean setup to me

That would be my path of choice if the $$$ permited

I know they are on a CJ but often they put yj flares on a cj so I wasnt sure as I siad I have never seen "CJ" bushwaker flares although their website say they exist