water pump replacement - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default water pump replacement

Hi guys well I have decided to change my water pump and radiator as they were started to leak. The water pump is off and I'm trying to buy one from eBay but my question is my original water pump has an r on the propeller . But the ones on eBay don't but the shape of the propeller are the same. My question is were I can buy one with the r stamp on it or is the one on eBay ok. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2015
i am the CIG

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

reverse rotation

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
yes LEZ is my brother
Old 01-05-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know is reverse rotation . Just wanted to see if any one here has bought any water pumps from eBay or woodys and how much cheers.
Old 01-05-2015

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
Default Water Pump

Replaced my water pump with one from ebay, no problems to date, been working fine for over a year.
Old 04-05-2015
Jingle ALL the way...

Liked 538 Times in 311 Posts

The R is not always printed into the fin area, don't worry too much about it. It has to do with rotation direction, which is different in the different setups.
Just verify if the fin "direction" (or orientation) is the same as the original wp, and you should be ok.
I'd buy a decent brand, because you don't want some cheap stuff make you have to do the job again in two years.
Mine was Omix Ada, which is really a US MotorWorks sourced wp. Have a look on Rockauto and the likes, a good wp should not cost you an arm and leg

Stop calling your car a "she". It's a car.

Last edited by Roler; 04-05-2015 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 95 Times in 50 Posts

It's a shame we have to go to USA to get our bits. It would be nice to find an aussie supplier with similar prices. Cost of parts and express post from USA is usually cheaper.

"I'm not fixing it, I'm improving it."
Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport 10/1997 update

Jeep Cherokee XJ 10/1997
Old 05-05-2015
EL CAPITANO DESTRUCTO

Liked 1,911 Times in 804 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by werd View Post
It's a shame we have to go to USA to get our bits. It would be nice to find an aussie supplier with similar prices. Cost of parts and express post from USA is usually cheaper.

"I'm not fixing it, I'm improving it."
Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport 10/1997 update
well the cheapest pump and the cheapest shipping from rockauto is around $45USD
i paid $75 at repco for the last one i bought
the difference is peanuts and i got it the same day
if youre not in a hurry, wait and save i guess.
Post New Thread  Reply