Everything 2.7 CRD - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-04-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,854 Times in 2,282 Posts
Default LUBE GUIDE (slippery stuff)

ENGINE OILS:

Recommended: SAE 10W-40 (if usually below -10c then 5W30 ) and you want minimum API CH-4 or ACEA B4, of Diesel Oil .

*Penrite HPR5 Diesel 5W-40 or HPR10 Diesel 10W-50 both cost effective and meet MB approval 229.5.
Since mines getting on a bit i have gone to HPR15 Diesel 15w50 semi syn, works and is cheaper.

AUTO TRANS:
DO NOT USE ATF+4 or DEXRON:

Only use oil that has a MB spec of 236.10 or 236.14.
Mercedes..............001 989 21 03
Nulon....................Full Synthetic MultiVehicle ATF
Penrite..................Full Syn Multi Vehicle ATF or Semi Syn ATF
*Bilstein MB spec 236.10 from MB Spares.
Fusch Titan ATF 4134
Liqui Moly...................TOP TEC ATF 1200

Above oils have been used by AJOR blokes with no problems.

TRANSFER CASE:
The Mopar oil is very expensive so use Mobifluid 424.
Search for thread on subject but used by many the world over.
PM Lubricants.....PM313HP

DIFFS:

I have used NULON 80W-140 Full Syn LSD oil or Penrite ProGear 80W-140 Full Syn oil no need for additives,with no problems but it can be a can of worms. Depends on usage, some prefer Redline with additive.

POWER STEERING;
Do Not Use ATF or normal Power Steering Fluid.
Jeep......... MS-5931
Penrite.....PAS Fluid
Note: If your fluid has a reddish colour use the above fluids, if it has a clear or golden colour then use Mopar MS-10838 which is the later blend. The Jeep (Mopar) fluid is surprisingly usually cheaper.

COOLANT:

You need to use a 5year HOAT type coolant.
Nulon..........Longlife RED or Longlife Green fit the specs, Red lasts longer than the Green.
Penrite........4 year anti freeze anti boil coolant........................................... ............ Readily available so better than Mopar.

NOTE: Always use products that meet the correct specs, a known MB spec is better than a MS (Chrysler) spec as they can get confused with petrol jobs, while Mopar may be the recommended type other than being more expensive the other brands which meet specs are more widely available and is far better to top up with the same fluid than mix and match. I have only noted fluids other than Mopar/Jeep that have been used over long periods by myself or trusted AJOR members.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 21-06-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 30-04-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,854 Times in 2,282 Posts

Think I've transfered everything over and given it a rough sort, a bit more tidying up and all should be good.

PM me any ideas for improvements so things don't get cluttered with chit chat, basically want to keep it as an Info thread.

But keep checking it out as it will be updated when new info comes to hand.

Use this thread "2.7 Drivers" http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=124984 as a chat thread for " Everything 2.7".

This thread is a data thread...................................
No CHIT/CHAT please.

Other post's will be deleted................use the link above or PM me.

As of Jun2015 if you can't contact me about an update to the thread contact a moderator as I have sold my Jeep and it may be some big gaps between log ons.
Ian................

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 23-06-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 24-05-2015
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts
Default In-Line Speedometer Calibrator Module

I'm going to add this link for 2.7 CRD owners but I'll quantify that I haven't tried this so not sure if it will actually work. I got the details from a WH post by Clarky where the WH CRD boys can use the Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator to adjust tyre sizes and diff ratios in the ECU. Whilst I'm sure we cannot use that I notice at the bottom of the page this inline adjuster that might work for those guys who have found that you can't change diff ratios without upsetting the ECU.

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/product...alibrator.aspx
Old 01-09-2015

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default Updated fuel lines list

Updated fuel lines list - including the mythical tube clip and corrections for lo pressure plastic tubing numbers (laid eyes on them at Merc yesterday).

FUEL LINES
Filter to LP Pump (plastic tube):
- MB A6650700532 $40 + GST
- Jeep 05080482AA / AB $40 + GST
Low to High Pressure Pump (plastic tube):
- MB A6650700132
- Jeep 5080483AA
Pump to Fuel Rail (solid tube):
- MB ??
- Jeep 5080295AA
LP to HP Pump FEED, including priming port (plastic tube):
- MB A6120703232 $140 + GST, stocked at Westpoint Star
HP Pump return from fuel rail (plastic tube):
- MB A6120703332 $135 + GST, stocked at Westpoint Star
- Jeep K05140798AA / K05140799AA $115 + GST
Return Valve on Filter:
- MB A6110780249
- Jeep 5080460AA
Fuel Line O-Rings:
- MB A6019970645 $3.75 + GST each, stocked at Westpoint Star
Bracket – double tube clip for underneath HP pump:
- MB A6110781241 $5.50 + GST each, stocked at Westpoint Star

Last edited by MuzzaWA; 01-04-2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: format cleanup
Old 15-09-2015
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 231 Times in 188 Posts

WJ CRD diagnosis just got a big boost:
The people over at jeepswj.com wrote a program which can read and erase the ECU and TCU error codes. No more DRBIII to diagnose transmission problems.
You need to download their software, which is on the website:
http://www.jeepswj.com/software/
This is the interface I've used:
http://elm327.ro/blue21

For some strange reason it took quite a few tries to connect, and that happened every time and on two cars.

These are the codes on mine (all transmission faults were fixed at some point)

The other car which I've tested was in permanent limp mode because of N2/N3 sensors. Conductor plate was changed but limp mode could not be cleared without the scanner.
Old 09-06-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

HELLO FRIENDS. I need the part number of the power steering reservoir for a Grand cherokee limited 2. 7 cdr 2004.
thanks.
Old 04-07-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Cooper/Wesfil..............WCF158 or maybe WCF114 need confirmation.
Confirmed WCF158 fuel filter is the part number, however manufacturers fault left tolerance for hole in top to insert plastic rail supply too small on 2 filters. 1st filter resulted in broken clips to remove. Second filter with new mercedes fuel supply pipe still did not fit. Mercedes sourced filter fit perfect. Please be careful with Wesfil/Cooper

My stock injectors were Bosch 0445 110 098. Mercedes A612 070 00 87
Advised by Bosch agent superseded by 0445 110 203

Last edited by silycr; 11-07-2016 at 10:27 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply