Reboot for Jeep in Australia - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2020
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,884 Times in 2,298 Posts

Interesting how a tear drop would do that, would love to know the real story......

The much awaited Jeep Ute, is not surprisingly a bit of a let down, looks great, the running gear seems to be good as well but carrying capacity is a big let down when you consider a bull bar, rear and side bar work with a full tank of fuel and bash plates doesn't leave a lot for bums on seat let alone the Esky before you add a trailer ball weight to it, make a great 2nd set of wheels to go with the Grand but at $80K just a bit much for a run around.... think I'll pass...... Put a 7 slot grill an a RAM 1500, yes please but still poor carrying cap and over priced but with a 5.7 I could overlook that.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 10-03-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Interesting how a tear drop would do that, would love to know the real story......
That pic was posted on Instagram by a 4WD company.

They said it was the result of having rear shocks that were too long and acting as the bump stop. That, and the owner was apparently jumping sand dunes.

So like all the other bent dual cab utes, it was the owners stupidity not the vehicles fault. Not that it stopped all the old Jeep jokes coming out about being unreliable.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 10-03-2020

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Put fuel in it, service at a dealer for under $500 each year and drive it, so if that's what you want/expect then move on.
I think you’ve nailed it. There aren’t many people who’ll spend $50-80k on a vehicle without the expectation they should just be able to put fuel in it, service it, and drive it for 5+ years without too much hassle. I think that’s why 80% of their buyers have ‘moved on’ in the past 5 years...
Old 10-03-2020
Established Member

Liked 45 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujabe View Post
They’d need to prove themselves before I’ll give them any more of my money.
So you no longer have the KL? You've moved on? What are driving now?
Old 10-03-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I'm on my 3rd Jeep, 2 Wranglers and now a Grand Cherokee and have never had an issue with any of them.

My TJ did a lot of driving in the Watagans and on the beach and the only issue it had was a leaking radiator. Sold it with over 200K on the clock and as far as I'm aware, it's still going strong.

I owned my JK for 5 years, It did lot of sand driving plus towing a 1.5T camper trailer all over NSW and never an issue a part from a cylinder 2 misfire code. Changed the spark plugs and never saw it again. It was sold with 50K on the clock. In fact, it was sold before I'd even left the dealer with the new one.

Now the GC, unlike the others, this one is a daily driver for the wife who absolutely loves it.

The only downside to my Jeep ownership was in trying to get the local Jeep dealer to fix the recalls on the JK without having to bring it in for a service. Even with the deadly airbag recall, they were determined not to do it unless it was serviced by them. Once it became compulsory they changed their tune and got it done.

I was thinking of waiting to see what the new Ford Bronco was like but after seeing pics of it, I'm glad I didn't. It looks like the illegitimate child of a Land Rover Discovery and a Wrangler.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 10-03-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 283 Times in 208 Posts

They had better live up to their fine words, because if they fail they will end up just like Holden, with the parent deciding that the RHD market is not worth the trouble.
Old 10-03-2020

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJetc View Post
So you no longer have the KL? You've moved on? What are driving now?
I’ve got a Skoda Octavia RS245 now - chalk and cheese compared to the Jeep - but 6 months in and so far it’s a bloody excellent car.
Post New Thread  Reply