National Jeep Jamboree Victoria 2010 - Page 49 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Events and Competitions > National Jeep Jamboree
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2010
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Couple of pics, I didn't get many though.

Hunnos poor ZJ had a tough time with the fuel pump packing it in and rolling a tyre off the rim on the last climb of the day leaving us out there in the dark with the 'She'll be right gang' getting it going again, it got back to the road and we recovered it the next day. Anyway, here's a pic of it being put through its paces

Wolfe after 10 minutes getting out of a mud hole, he drove it but man was it slippery.

At the show and shine, this one was for sale and is running a Chev V8.

Me and Wolfe lining up for our first Jambo trip, part of the SJC Green XJ parade Just wish I had a pic of Wooders XJ in there as well.

Sweet slammed wagon with V8, sounded great

Jacko, one of the Coffs guys, MB. The paint was still wet!!

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-10-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MMM food is that what you called it, the beef rolls were great, the icecream was cool and the egg and bacon rolls were edible.
Old 05-10-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts

Sounds like a huge event.
Who was running the jambo MJOC or ********?
Where is the next one?
Old 05-10-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jambo run by MJOC and I as a member am proud off what the volunteers did, yep shit hit the fan at times but overall what a weekend!
Old 05-10-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awesome weekend, which didnt really easy up till monday drive home..
From a very drunken thursday night, which ended up in oz krawlers tripping back to goulburn hospital after a hotel wrestling match, to mulitple defects on the trip down for every krawler rig.. hitting the cans most of friday, to arrive at jambo ready to party with ********.
Rocking up, and a few laps of the jambo venue, was clear the only place to be was the ******** stable.. great fire, and good crowd around enjoying themselves, plus was surrounded by big rigs, which were amoungst the best on show...
Friday night turned into a all out affair, with only a few retiring early.. from stupid jokes, and arguements of which was better, afl or League.. great first night

waking up saturday morning, was easy to get motivated, with vic displaying some amazing weather. would of been 9 o clock, and was sunny enough to enjoy a beer in my chair under the sun.. a certain oz krawler member was about a 6er down at this point if i recall

After a awesome bacon and double egg roll at a vendors shack (great food haha) we headed out to the test track, which was imo needed alot more work to it.. (wasnt much to it) needed at least a series of wombat holes, a big mud pit.. basically alot more creative with it all..

Lunch time saturday, went to al macs farm. Was a awesome day, and big thanks to Mr Extreme jeep for putting on a awesome trip, and taking devin for a spin in his rig, also to Al, for letting the trips onto his property.. But was a good fun day, couple of decent hill climbs, saw some amazing drives.. For me, ZZZZ got drive of the day, showing up alot of the big rigs, with his tj on 35s.. Wheel high in the air, kept it flat, and with the auto lockers, made it to the top.
Getting back to ******** camp site at 7 o clock, we were more than ready for dinner.. but wasnt to be, with the boys about to go for a night run to fence line..
A awesome feed later, (lamb on the spit) we jumped back in the rigs.. with 8 jeeps in total, was a awesome trip, fun and fast, Well done to barmy for representing the Qlders, and had a great drive at the end, (only one to hit up the harder section of the last hill in the presidential chariot of doom.)

Sat night (sunday morning) we arrive back to camp, to find a couple of strangers in the ******** camp. (these blokes had held a wombat captive in their tool box of one the rigs for hours) Call the rspca anyone?? pretty messed up, plus im sure illegal to do so to a native defensless animal..
Funny thing is the reason they were upset, is because ******** members didnt invite them in for a beer, and gave them wrong directions to a Jeep... a bit of advice if you read this ar5eholes, next time rather than sooking, do what everyone else managed to do all weekend, if you want to come say gday, come in with a beer, introduce yourselves, and sit down for a laugh. In regards to wrong directions, we joke around about everything, dont take it to seriously. have a tea spoon of cement and harden up! tool.
Other than that minor incident, rest of the night was awesome, drinking till the sun came up with the introduction of S.B.O.C (dont no how that came about) im sure devin or greg can explain. Huge day of wheeling had finnished

Sunday, the trip home had to begin, with a quick pack up, we headed as far as we could until the footy started, but great jambo.. big thanks to MJOC for organising it all, ******** for hospitality normally reserved for kings, and to VIC police.. (nar just joking- thanks for the defects

Stand out rigs for me...

Jonnies blue Tj- Plus definately can drive the thing, which was evident on the trip to al macs

Mr extremes Yellow beast- Another guy who definately doesnt muck around, a good driver, and gives it heaps

Gregs red tj- looks amazing mate. from the cage to the diffs, has come up really well, plus as a overall build, very neat..nice work..

Evils white tj- looks awesome in the flesh, and some great attention to detail on control arms, right down to the jeep pressed logo on the body

GM-Jeep silver LJ.. Im sure many will agree, the best jeep built in aus currently. (show and go) everything is so neat, and nothing was a after thought. simply perfection.

Jk07s- unlimited-- starting to come along nicely, always had the good gear under it, but with addition of the walkers, and a few other thing, stands out from the other jks (which is kinda hard to do, as with the quailty bolt on market the jk has- they are all looking quiet similar these days.)

Ivans oz krawler jk.. one best jk on show for good reason, very nice looking rig mate

Green Cj with mogs- was at last jambo, and still looks trick.. looks like it goes hard also.

Orange Cj8- very neat built- wish i had the money to purchase it

Last but not least- the Rat rod styled willys- thing looked amazing.. his tow rig was nice also..

Great jambo. look forward to the next one!

Last edited by North Coast Wrangler; 07-10-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitrino_tj View Post
yes jambo was awesome & thank you to MJOC for organising

however, it would be good if MJOC and their leader BDASH actually listened to feedback from those that attended without getting defensive

Here is my feedback

lack of food vendors
a one page itinery would have had spectators getting to events & have the ability to plan their days
Trade alley required more vendors
CFA?? carwashing, where were they - many drove home with mud all over their vehicle

feel free to add to this list............

Without sounding too unappreciative and not wanting to spoil a great event - I pretty much agree with the points above.

Food, yep - agree
Coffee - the coffee vendor didn't seem to be there very often at all (I DO drive a JK after all!)
Trade alley - would have been great to have Anaconda/Ray's/Aussie disposals there
Itenerary - probably would have saved a lot of questions to the support staff.

Would have been hard to get commitment from large sponsors and food vendors - not being able to guarantee or indicate what kind of revenue could be made.

Last edited by jzp; 05-10-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-10-2010
Original Mexican Mafia

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

At least all the comments ae constructive. Thats the key. Thank you all for comments.
Where are the carnage pics.
I cant post mine up yet I think the mrs is looking.
Post New Thread  Reply