Grand cherokee pics share them (ZJ/WJ) - Page 104 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-05-2012

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dumb question from a newb...
How do you know if a bar is "airbag compatible"? I'd hate the insurance to be invalidated by an 'unapproved' bar. Is there some way of knowing, other than having a prang?

Kerri

It's a Jeep thing? Now I understand!
Old 30-05-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

I really like the look of your Grand Sockeye. It presents as modified but understated but still sophisticated with a touch of elegance.
Old 30-05-2012
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
Dumb question from a newb...
How do you know if a bar is "airbag compatible"? I'd hate the insurance to be invalidated by an 'unapproved' bar. Is there some way of knowing, other than having a prang?
Unless it has a sticker or plaque from the manufacturer then it is not airbag compatible. If you believe the manufacturers sticker too then removing the sticker voids the compatibility but that might be a stretch. Given the cost of testing you can pretty much limit your choice to the 3 or 4 mainstream suppliers.
Old 30-05-2012
No Winching

Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec View Post
yes made custom 4 bolt brackets each side where the nudge bar was connected to chassis, of course a bender will look better, but if you cant get your hands on one, you can weld bends and grind them smooth....

here it is ready to go to powder coaters

Actually looks pretty good granddad and I say that as a person who is pretty much over the comp style tube bar look. You see all the Hilux wanna be's running them to "be different" but at the end of the day they are getting more common than a traditional bar. Yours isn't a bad combo of both. Tried to find a pic to show you but I saw one recently that was similar to yours but to dress it up over the basic tube concept he did similar to you on the top gave of the wings but filled the front face of the wings as well but with dimple died panel welded in flush at the front edge of the tube. I reckon that would have lifted yours to another level again. Also hides all that ugly sheet metal that is usually hidden behind a bumper and now exposed on those full comp style bars.

What's the composition of materials for your creation. I'm always curious to see what materials people use , it also clarifies the level of difficulty a bit more.
Old 30-05-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
yes made custom 4 bolt brackets each side where the nudge bar was connected to chassis, of course a bender will look better, but if you cant get your hands on one, you can weld bends and grind them smooth....

Love that bar, what colour are you getting it done? Mate, if that would fit my ZG I would be trying to buy your plans right now.
........whats that?........you had so much fun making that one you want to make one for me? what a legend. lol
good job.
Old 30-05-2012
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Looks great, good to see someone committing to decent fab levels for the WG!

Cant believe how cheap they are these days - would make a great base vehicle for a serious build, and something DIFFERENT!!!!!
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 30-05-2012
Established Member

Liked 35 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:

Cheers mate! Looks bloody awesome too!