Steering Vibration - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-09-2004
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steering Vibration

My 2004 Overland CRD has been experiencing a violent steering vibration at highway speeds.
On a recent return journey from Melbourne to Rockhampton this occurred about 6 times. Brighton Chrysler has since attempted to address this by fitting a plate to the transmission they claimed would stop oil dripping onto a “transmission connecting points” that upset the computer's body management system.
However the problem was again experienced today at 100 kmh on the Monash Freeway.
The vibration feels like a flat tyre and the only way to stop it (and other weird problems including the intermittent loss of cruise control and sluggishness changing up in gears) is to stop the vehicle, place it in park.
Once you shift back to drive, all problems immediately disappear and may not re-appear for hundreds of Ks (we drive about 250k today with no further problems).
Has anybody else had this problem with their CRD??
What was the solution??
Does anyone know about this “transmission connector” problem??
Any information will be appreciated as it will help me discuss this further with the dealer.
Cheers …Ian M
Old 26-09-2004
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No problems like that on mine - at all.....ever

Is yours modified in any way? Non-standard tyres? Wheels? Suspension? Not that you shouldn'r or couldn't modify any of these items, but just interested......

Oil dripping onto a "transmission connecting point"??????? What????? Sounds like you need to go to a dealer who doesn't talk rubbish.... and start looking at ECU's to address the gearchange problem. As far as the shimmy goes, are you tyres at the correct pressure - and all the same (or at least the two front and two back being the same)?
http://www.omaroo.net
Old 26-09-2004
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's stock 2004 CRD Overland with no mods at all - the transmission connector problem was first mention to me by the dealer in Coffs Harbour and Brighton Chrysler said CD gave them approval for the repair, although it's clear that it hasn't worked...ian m
Post New Thread  Reply