What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 246 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-04-2009

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Spent my stimulus money on a set of 30 inch tyres for the Jeep.....then I fitted 3mm shims in the caster adjustment, pulled the aftermarket mudflaps off as they were scraping on full lock, adjusted the play out of the steering box.......and took it for a bash in the rough to test run it all. All going sweet. I'll get a pic up soon.
Old 27-04-2009
RustysRocker

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Broke it.....

If anyone has a drivers side tail light and tail gate + glass for a pre-update XJ I am very interested.

Oh and a good 4WD smash repair place around Western Sydney.....

On the upside, it made it up a rock climb unassisted, then snatched all the Wrangler up, 3 JK's and a TJ
Old 27-04-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

pulled my very wet and muddy carpet out, and found some decent surface rust.... motor ready to come out, sent donor engine's cam away to tighe for a grind= more grunt!
Old 28-04-2009
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJames View Post
yeh for shure, when they are finished of properly and carpeted. just getting them done so i can sleep in the back at the cruiser park 4wd expo for now.
You must be short if you can sleep in an Xj.....

Look forward to seeing the pics, i should have my modular twin drawer, twin fridge slide unit all finished shortly as well and will post up some pics when it is all painted and trimmed...

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 28-04-2009
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter and Trent McCormick View Post
well not today but yesterday, took it wheeling out at the PF after about 2 months of it being out of action due to a misshap the day we were ment to go to cityview. got most work done found a fan set up that work, got front bumper done, just need to get our winch back, make a tire carrier and get a new battery.... Oh and get our dana 44 shipped from melbourne and do the fab work on that,, not that much to do....

and then buy diff ratio;s and front locker when funds permit
What or where is the "PF"?

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 28-04-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
What or where is the "PF"?
pine forest...
Old 28-04-2009
Some Fear

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

finally found time to wash my xj ( got a bit dirty at the MJOC Muster )
took me 3 hrs and it still needs more.