XJ - how many kms? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great feedback.

What was I thinking? I've had the jeep for 10 years, it'll stand by me for another 10.

I'm now thinking about spending some money on it to improve it - will post another thread.

Photo is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rick1 photo.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	33854  
Old 06-07-2009
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My 96 Ltd. (on LPG) 315000km.
Dont do any serious off road but pull a van.
Replacements over years; Radiator twice, Cat, muffler, Headers (?), Water pump twice, aircon compressor, alternator, Head change over, plus several other minor items and usual repairs. Currently need to change o2 sensors.
Still love the car and expect many more KMs yet.
Old 06-07-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my '94 it coming up to 399,000, still goes good but it is a little tired

probably give it a freshen up next year
Old 06-07-2009
Some Fear

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

some of these xj's sound like my grandfathers favourite axe !
it's had 3 new handles and 2 new heads , but it's still his favourite !!!!
Old 06-07-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 184 Times in 117 Posts

95XJ Sport.

210K, nearly all of it touring the outback highways, the bomb roads, the dirt tracks, the corrugated stuff, the sand, the rocks etc.... Recently upgraded the undercarriage - new suspension after deciding that it would be cheaper to upgrade than to part with big money that buys a lot of software problems. Besides, we are in a GFC.

I have never needed a work car, and it has never been the daily drive.

After reading the problems experienced by our brethren in the other recent model posts, I am breathing a sigh of relief that I am not an owner - with all respect to the other owners. This extends to owners of other makes too.

I do not want anything eel-ek-tronik ruining my day in the middle of bugger all and I don't care to reach for my ctrl-alt-del soft keys every time I get bogged or to call tech support.

This car is going to remain the centrepiece of my garage, no matter how many other daily drives have been and gone to the scrapyard!
Old 06-07-2009
No Winching

Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcb74xj96 View Post
some of these xj's sound like my grandfathers favourite axe !
it's had 3 new handles and 2 new heads , but it's still his favourite !!!!

hehehe ... seen that posted before somewhere ... and I like it.

Replacement of wear and tear items are acceptable tho - even harmonic balancers ... The odd head problem would be more of a finicky cooling system, neglect issue IMHO.

What the XJ doesnt surprise its owners with - is major engine / body component failure issues that plague even some newer, "better" vehicles from all makers.

Its like a good dog ... pamper it a bit and it will stay incredibly loyal. Treat it like crap and it will be a mongrel of a thing ...

Last edited by carvesdodo; 06-07-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

Mine has 178,000 k's and has never stopped yet. Gets used as a four wheel drive and carries the usual nocks and rattles. And there is no way i will still have it after 200 plus as im already over it and want something new. A JK 4door in the next few years for me and i will sell the XJ to pay for a 4" lift on the JK. Thats the plan anyway.
2018 Harley-Davidson FXFBS
Post New Thread  Reply