Jeep’s Big Aussie comeback plan. Will it work? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > AUSTRALIAN JEEP NEWS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Most of you guys should go and buy another brand of car. You seem to loathe your Jeep experience, so move on and find happiness. Like many of you, I've got other brands of cars to compare my Jeep to; they're all good, and they're all shit. Same, same.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2020
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 822 Times in 462 Posts

Talk to any guy who works in a multi franchise operation.All makes seem to have problems some more than others.Many companies work their spares on the just in time princpal,ie when last part is in stock ,order.or some eg Mazda, can get parts in overnight from hubs in Singapore .NRMA told me a couple of years ago Jeep wasnt the only one at the top of the list for lack of parts and cost,Nissan and Mazda were nearly as bad.
Old 09-08-2020
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

When the Australian Gladiator doesn't come standard with the 33" tyres cause we are getting weaker axles you wonder how seriously they are taking the Australian market
Old 09-08-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 544 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTruckster View Post
Remember those Jeep factory endorsed clothing/fashion stores that were dotted around the country selling hoodies, t-shirts, hats and everything else? When they were around they were very popular and got the name out there. This was at the height of their popularity. Maybe doing something as simple as this again would be an easy and cheap way of getting people interested in the Jeep name again? Also, where do you now get this sort of stuff at a reasonable price?

In Walmart I could buy the exact same T shirts for $6US...here $45.00. Why? Same brand, same culture....
Old 09-08-2020
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts

Why are ford rangers so popular when you hear all the stories about engine and gearbox failures. One Mazda mechanic I know talks about engine replacements in BT50’s like oil changes.
Old 09-08-2020
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 106 Times in 76 Posts

A lot of vehicles have issues. We don’t hear a lot about them, but some we do, and still they sell heaps. Case in point - Toyota HiLux and Ford Ranger. The two biggest sellers, but heaps of problems. HiLux with DPF issues (heavily reported but still sells well), and 5 cylinder Rangers with turbo, head and auto issues (sells well also). I think that if a company has a bad name (Jeep) or a good name (Toyota) it doesn’t matter too much what they do in the future as that reputation will pretty much stick.
Old 09-08-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 544 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE M View Post
Why are ford rangers so popular when you hear all the stories about engine and gearbox failures. One Mazda mechanic I know talks about engine replacements in BT50’s like oil changes.
I too hear the stories about Rangers and BT50's which is why I haven't bought one. Am thinking of an Amarok, but no doubt they also have their issues...or I might get the new model Isuzu when it comes out which has apparently got a can't kill under stressed truck engine. Should have a lot more creature comforts than the model it will replace.

I have actually liked my JKU Rubicon and have been surprised at the fun I have had, the places I have been to and my experience with its reliability, in part due to me doing preventative maintenance, which so far has cost me about $25K over the nearly 14 yr life of the vehicle...better than being stuck in the middle of nowhere. I am going to keep it for a while yet even with a second 4WD.

I just think that Jeep dealers etc have dropped the ball with their customers, as I have experienced. It would take a lot for me to rely on them.

I also come across a lot of happy Cherokee and Grand Cherokee owners all over the country who think they r the duck's guts for towing and touring and many have swapped over from many years of owning toyotas, fords, mazda etc and swear they would never own another one again.

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 09-08-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply