BODY EXTERIOR -
- bonnet out of alignment
- Cloth seats stain very easy. TSB on this for the dealer to wash for you once.
- Rear seats creak at the latches
- Air control doesnt turn air off for feet-always on
3.0 CRD -
- Swirl motor for the Turbo may make a clattering noise as this is the vaccum pump on the blink. Also delivers very poor performance.
- Injectors need to be reprogramed when they are replaced or they will not talk to the computer.
- seal on the inlet of the turbo lossens and causes an oil leak from the induction. fix: keep the hose clamp tight or fit new seal
- Turbo wind between 1500 & 3,000 rpm
- Is a known HEMI shudder but not sure if this affects the export model.
TRANSMISSION - QuadraTrac (QT) or QuadraDrive (QD)
- Service 4WD System light will illuminate and chime regularly. TSB to re flash and tighten connectors
- gearbox oil leak
- trans wiring harness seals leak trans oil on a regular basis.. updated adaptor fixes this problem (we hope)
- Couple of reported cases where the transmission has overheated shutting down the car for 15 minutes until temp comes down. This was on the sand in hot weather.
TRANSFER CASE -
- Rear spring mount isolators creak/squeak, TSB fix for replacement isolators
ELECTRICS and ELECTRONICS -
- PCM eaten by battery acid. This is of note and has happened to me as an isolated case. The battery was either overcharging or leaked during servicing and hence the PCM is directly under the battery and it ate the aluminium cover and the PCB within. This caused no end of fault codes as well. Also the wiring harness on the left hand side facing forward of the vehicle had to be replaced due to the acid ingress.
- Window regulators on the front needed replacing
- Air Bag Light that go off & on again loose connection that 2 dealers 3 visit have failed to find.
- no blue wire for electric brakes discont. in WH
- gps touch screen calibration failed
WHEELS and BRAKES -
- Brake Rotors need machining front
- Minor shudder when braking uphill - possible TSB for this.
- pads and front skim at <40000km
- If you fit the factory nudge bar you cant fit the factory rated recovery points at the same time.
- if u fit the factory nudgebar on a car with parktronic, it sends the parktronic crazy cause the nudge bar goes straight over the sensors
- creaking in front door rubbers