Export JL Rubicon - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JL Wrangler JT Gladiator Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-12-2017
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

How tall/big are you? I'm 185 cms. I have not found my JK or previous TJ cramping my left leg for space. I drive my wife's KL (and previously WG) with no issues. Bringing in LHD would be ok kay, but you will pay a big price with lower resale.
Old 17-12-2017
Lowranger Shocker

Have a read of this: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/im...drive-vehicle/

I don't think new Wrangler being class MC would be allowed in for registration.
Old 17-12-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Jeeper View Post
Have a read of this: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/im...drive-vehicle/

I don't think new Wrangler being class MC would be allowed in for registration.
I have read this before thanks.

"The vehicle is, and was manufactured as, a two-door coupe or a convertible" are allowed.

I've read their's a small number of standard LHD's allowed in. I wouldn't bring it in for resale just as a toy for me which changes things legally. The JL would be a few years old and owned from new by me.

My wife likes the idea of owning a JL in the States. I can buy a runout 2019 with help from friends who work at FCA. I would buy the JL in Oregon as no sales tax state.
I would wheel the Rubicon Trail, Jeeps Easter Moab Safari as well other great trails.
Accommodation I have paid for all over America Canada for the rest of my life.
The more I write the more I like my idea and may never bring the JL home.
I do have some JK Moper parts I purchased in the States which are still new. I had to sell my RHD 2007 JK due to it's driving position in 2008.
This is sounding better the more I talk about it.

Last edited by Kiwi; 17-12-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 17-12-2017
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My RHD JK does need a bit more left leg room for me but I do get used to it after a while...
Old 17-12-2017
Lowranger Shocker

FCA redesigned the JK interior in 2011, maybe that's why I don't find my '12: cramped.

As for your definition of a convertible, that is still for class MA passenger cars. Not class MC.
Old 18-12-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I didn't realise how expensive a Wrangler is to buy now. All other Jeep models have almost stayed at the same price since arriving back in NZ in the nineties. I look at BMW pricing and their overall pricing has dropped or stayed the same since the nineties.

Jeep hasn't done any really expensive changes over the years to the Wrangler compared to other vehicles manufacturers.

The way I see it Wrangler will become a more of a niche model than what it has been. Jeep was a name for suppling 4x4 vehicles cheaply. Owners could play around building a better Jeep over time.

I had to make a decision back in 2008 do I stay with Jeep for the odd weekend play or do I move on for the same dollars into better performance vehicles which I did. I made a list of good and bad points of whats in my garage yesterday and the list that won out was what my garage is full of now. Newer higher performance vehicles at lower running cost has made replacement vehicles in my garage cheaper from the same manufacturer than Jeep Wranglers.

Last edited by Kiwi; 18-12-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply