ARB BP-51 shocks - Page 21 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-06-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 191 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
Im disappointed in you @redemptioner you passed on your chance to feed me the "I TOLD YOU SO" line.
I will weigh the heap empty and loaded front and rear and give that info to fox. Dont think ill bother with the bypass version just the standard style 2.0 remote resi. The 2.5 are a very tight fit even with relocation brackets. Its been a massive fuck around to get the heap to ride plush. I guess it really isnt going to be a reality.
Bahh, can't hold someone responsible for trying something , clearly shows though they have not been put through any decent testing......

No need for you to go into bypass shocks, it's not like you are doing rally cross or stadium racing not to say they would not be awesome (if the brand is fox), but 99% of the time you would not be using the bypass so...... I would happily take a set of fox 5 bypass 3.0 shocks for free, not sure how I would get them to fit but I certainly would be happy to try.

As for the Fox with adjusters, you can't get them without remote res so you will have to go with them, 2.0 with adjuster is more than enough for wranglers and will give all the adjustment you will likely need. If you really change your setup often then a set of 2.5's will give you more adjustment and will still fit as long as you get the reservoir divorced from the main body (ie. hanging off a hose to mount elsewhere).

Keep in mind without changing to a long arm kit the shocks and springs can only do so much (especially if you have a lift added as well) due to all the impact coming up the arms from their poor angles.
Old 10-07-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I've just read through this whole thread and I can't believe how miserable most of you guys are seriously who stole the jam out of your donuts.
One guy fronted up with the goods and purchased a set of shocks from ARB. A few of you were vocal in saying what a fool he was. Then at first he loved them then he hated them and refused a new set after a bit of stuffing around and then got a full refund
Now you experts are saying the product is crap based on one review.
Now that's extremely accurate way to basis any analysis on a product.
I've spoke to several guys that are currently running these shocks and they love them.
No they are not mall crawlers they actually go out and play with that extra stick on the floor of their Jeep and they tell me they are the best thing since sliced bread.
In had several remote canister fox shocks that have leaked and and seen other high profile brand shocks fail
All products are subject to failure for various reasons.
For those haters waiting for this new product to fail congrats. I for one are going to take my chances and see how the dice rolls and trial them on a desert crossing
Old 10-07-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

jono1967 ARB has a history of over promising an under delivering on quality ......I guess some of us didn't need a crystal balls to see that !!
Old 10-07-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 64 Times in 46 Posts

I suspect my spring rate was to soft for the valving but arb were good about it I wanted the replacement when one started leaking it took nearly 3 months to get it by which time 2 more had started leaking but i had to wait for those replacements aswell I was frustrated and had lost faith in the product. My initial impression was great well made perfect fitting etc but over the 6 months I had them I tried them from one end of the adjust ment to the other in loaded and unloaded situations the valving is impressive and in an offroad scenario I could beat hell out of them and they worked great in corrugations whooped out high speed beach tracks etc the bottom out resistance is phenomenal. However on road the slack point created by the bypass portion of the stroke allowed the heap to sway side to side on changes in road camber etc and being drag link style vehicle it caused it to wander like an old CJ. Stiffer springs would have solved this 95% but then the whole point of plush bypass shocks is pointless! That is why I asked for a refund so I could try a different path. On the day I returned them the sales guy pulled me aside to tell me that another jk fitted with the full kit 2 weeks earlier had also come back with the same handling complaint but no leaks and wanted a solution he had their heavy stings also. He also said that they are averaging 1 BP 51 a week being returned for leaks all different models. I'm glad I got a full refund! I'd wait till they work the bugs out before springing the cash. The other issue is they are only 26" long which makes a big difference in wheel travel. 28" is about perfect for 3-4" lift on 35's with high steer.
Old 11-07-2016
No Winching

Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

If the "industry rumors" are correct the design guy ARB employed ( from Fox ) is now no longer with them........ so you'd have to wonder just what the future holds for them as they aren't exactly experts in the high end shock market.

Time will tell on this one....... getting in early on new product certainly has its risks