What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1127 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2012
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bought some Penrite Synthetic ATF fluid for the Auto and also the transfer case seeing as I ambout to head off and relocate in Canberra for a few years now. (hmmm maybe a need to fix the heater now) will be a big change from the tropics
Old 08-05-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Converted my Narva Ultima 175 blue driving lights that i got for $90 to HID's using a 75w kit i got off Ebay. It took too long to arrive, so the seller sent me another kit for free. (Half of it has already gone on the motorbike)

The lights are freaking great. I had to drive back 55klm from one of my work-places tonight and the amount of light was excellent. I wish i had done it ages ago.

Puk
Old 09-05-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh, then i went and put three AJOR stickers on it!

Improved its value dramatically i feel.
Old 09-05-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,577 Times in 4,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmonster View Post
fitted my new wheel bearings i got off ebay for $150 a pair, they seem like half decent bearings and weigh about 1kg more than the old bearings. will see how they go,
now just got to replace the front axle uni's and the king pin bushes or what ever they are called, i think that is why my uni joint flogged out.

did the bearings 15mins a side not bad timing
Could you read any id numbers on the bearings ~ what brand or where they were made?
Old 09-05-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puk View Post
Converted my Narva Ultima 175 blue driving lights that i got for $90 to HID's using a 75w kit i got off Ebay. It took too long to arrive, so the seller sent me another kit for free. (Half of it has already gone on the motorbike)

The lights are freaking great. I had to drive back 55klm from one of my work-places tonight and the amount of light was excellent. I wish i had done it ages ago.

Puk
I also have Narva 175s with a cheap ebay HID kit fitted, they were originally fitted to my Sierra which was put through all kinds of abuse and then moved to the XJ when the sierra was retired. Had the combo for around 4 years now, I fully expected the HID kit to crap out in a few months but they are still going strong!
Old 09-05-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Haha, snap,
I had a sierra before the Xj as well. (A Maruti ute actually, but boy did we mod the hell out of that thing!)

Puk.
Old 09-05-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruggz351 View Post
Yeah my fronts stick out more than the rears. By a bit actually. Front tyres are just past the flares and rears are well under.
Mine looks the same as what you are describing Bruggz. But it it did not then the tyres would rub on the CA's. I have about 3mm before the fronts reach the edge of flares and that is with 235s.

Regards A