What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1231 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-09-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

im not sure wat exactly ill use for flares atm, im thinking some kind of half metal/tube flares with rubber extensions so if i touch something with the flare it wont pop off or damage to much of the panel.

when im finished im planning to run 33s (centipedes when its muddy and baja claws at other times lol!)
i have 4.56 ratios in my arb locked d30, i also have axle sleeves and RCVs to install
4.56 ratios in my detroit locked ford 8.8 (from an explorer)
i have a 3.5 inch RE lift kit with extended shackles in the back and rancho 5000 shocks.
i have the iron rock HD OTK steering kit (ill get a photo of this and upload it.

i still have to trim the back fenders, i think for the moment ill trim to the spot welds, then i cut perpendictular to the edge and then hammer the edge in to get another 20mm of space in the wheel arch (thats wat i did with my old xj). at a later date if i need/want to i might cut further and have to rejoin the wheel arch to the inner arch but i dont think it will be a major problem.
i think i also will need to get a SYE and DC driveshaft, i got away with it in the old xj, but i have moved the rear axle back about 30mm and the driveshaft donst reach anymore (also the 95 seems to have a different TC or atleast TC output shaft).
when i rolled my other xj, i busted my swaybar disconnects, i was wondering if i should get more, or just remove the sway bar alltogether...
i must stress this is gonna be a offroad car only, im only gonna be driving to and from 4x4 areas, and i drive like a old woman at the best of times (if i wanted u hoon about i wouldnt of bought a jeep...).
anyway, ill get some photos off my camera of the car from before i started and a few more progress pics.
burmonster
Old 18-09-2012
Tim Tam

Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts

I get my jeep back this afternoon. Had the tranny line replaced, car serviced and wheels aligned and balanced. Rear right seal replaced. Back to Sydney tomorrow morning and time to start the jamboree prep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18-09-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

noice, what you do to kill the tranny line :P

looks like i will be scavenging the exhaust and power steering motor out of my 'black' donor...

its becoming a frankenjeep...

heh
Old 18-09-2012
Tim Tam

Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GawdZillA View Post
noice, what you do to kill the tranny line :P

looks like i will be scavenging the exhaust and power steering motor out of my 'black' donor...

its becoming a frankenjeep...

heh
The line simply blew open and fluid all over the crowne plaza driveway. What happened to frankenjeep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18-09-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ah think its just more gremlins from the waterboarding i gave it... think bearings in the powersteering arent too happy, and the lines might need replacing at some point, that and the fact that the header and exhaust setup on the black beast 'should' remove the issue i have with clearance... or should that be noise pollution....

also hooked up lights and radio, when i did fluids etc... :P
Old 18-09-2012
RubiconSlammer

Liked 821 Times in 362 Posts

the guys at brake point laughed when i took ing the old line to get new ones made, i told them that the brake line failed for rego for having surface rust on them. they couldnt belive it. but $88 later the new set is on and the jeep has now passed the roadworthy. YAY.
he said that he trusts me that i will fix the oil leek again.

which is definatly coming from the o ring at the back of the cam.
Old 18-09-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

got home to find a nice packet from the organizer's of the Jeep Jambo then noticed it was addressed to 'Stephen'

Last time i checked it was 'steven' :P

finally getting excited even tho its 'just down the road'
Post New Thread  Reply