fuel usage all over the place - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2016
Blackhawk

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts

It would be, get rid of racks and awning and I'd might drop another litre. I have a diesel grand with a few mods it can up 12-13 around town. Just did 8.5 on our 6000klm holiday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 23-08-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Gave me 10.9 on a 3000km drive on the motorway. Not bad.

KiwiBiker
Old 24-08-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWK2 View Post
Hey guys, my 2012 Laredo petrol gives me around 16/100 driving in the city to and from work. It's got stock 18s and is not lifted. It's got roof racks and an awning and that's it. Is this normal consumption from a petrol?

KiwiBiker
Hi
My 3.6 Overland with roof racks, armour, AT tyres and nudge bar gets mid 12s around town, just under 10 on the highway ..... and 17.1 when towing a 2.4tonne caravan over 17,000 kms

I once got 8.2 when following a semi 500kms up the Hume ... Not with the van though

I never turn off the Eco mode or use sports mode .. Most times I have my missus in the car

My gauge is very accurate I have found

Regards

Rob

Last edited by Tahlee; 24-08-2016 at 01:52 AM.
Old 24-08-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 293 Times in 185 Posts

Food for thought for those who care about accurate fuel economy (not me). If you have put larger diameter tyres on, your odometer will be out so fuel calculations will be wrong. You will need to check odometer distance to a known distance (maybe GPS) and then work out your error.
Old 24-08-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 19 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ RIDER View Post
I ve been watching my fuel usage over the last couiple of weeks and it has been fairly constant at around the 8.5 mark and going well. Eco mode off. Today it dropped down to 7.2 on the drive in to work,( roughly an hours travel on the hwy), eco mode off, but I have not changed my driving style in any way. It stills goes well but I dunno why the sudden drop. Last time it limped the car was avg around 6.5 per 100k's so not sure what the deal is.

Anyone else have this spuratic fuel usage with their diesel
Don't forget that turbos just cool damp weather, this will definitely give you better economy.
Really, you should have bought a V8 Land Cruiser and tow a 3.5 ton caravan and still get 8.5 ltr per 100. It must be true, because they all say so.
Old 25-08-2016
Jeepin' is incurable....

Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRD-01 View Post
Don't forget that turbos just cool damp weather, this will definitely give you better economy.
Really, you should have bought a V8 Land Cruiser and tow a 3.5 ton caravan and still get 8.5 ltr per 100. It must be true, because they all say so.
Not the ones I met when I went around the block in 2014. I sold a Jeep to a Bruiser owner at every campsite on fuel economy alone. The ones who weren't convinced I just had to get the wife to sit in the driver's seat .
Post New Thread  Reply