Part numbers 2008 Jeep Commander 3litre CRD - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Part numbers 2008 Jeep Commander 3litre CRD

I need to order air filter, oil filter and fuel filter. Also the air filter cover. I was planning to order it on the (American) Europarts of San Diego website, but they came back asking for the part numbers.
Has anyone ordered these parts online and does anyone have the part numbers ?
Also before I bought my Jeep Commander I met a couple at Baffle Creek in mid June 2013. They had a Jeep Commander (2006 or 2007). If you recognize, I would love to hear from you. (We previously had a gold coloured RR).
Old 22-08-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by montaya View Post
I need to order air filter, oil filter and fuel filter. Also the air filter cover. I was planning to order it on the (American) Europarts of San Diego website, but they came back asking for the part numbers.
Has anyone ordered these parts online and does anyone have the part numbers ?
Also before I bought my Jeep Commander I met a couple at Baffle Creek in mid June 2013. They had a Jeep Commander (2006 or 2007). If you recognize, I would love to hear from you. (We previously had a gold coloured RR).
Yes I've ordered a pack of 10 oil filters from Euro Parts-SD as well as fuel filters & glow plugs and engine idler pulley bearings and a serpentine belt. Just get the 2007 to 2013 models and you'll be OK but Sprinter van air filters won't fit. ALL Jeep Commanders including the V8 petrol (gas) model ex the USA have the same air filters so you can buy these ex the USA or the UK via eBay very cheap.
Old 22-08-2013
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Oil filter p/n 5175571AA
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Oil-Filte...item3a7b41130a

Fuel filter p/n 5175429AB alternative p/n HDF563
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fuel-filt...item3381ceb399

Air Filter p/n 5018777AB
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MOPAR-501...item3f280509b3

Re-usable http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...JG%&brandID=59

Complete kit
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2005-2008...537#vi-content

Air Filter Cover p/n 05143969AA

Parts Catalogue
http://www.gmb.be/CJD_parts/CDI/Catalogs/97-09/08XH.pdf

Air Cleaner Cover Figure 14-810, item 13 from above catalogue
Old 31-08-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Part numbers 2008 Jeep Commander 3litre CRD

Hi Clarky,
Thanks for the valuable information. Unfortunately I had just bought the local genuine bits (very expensive) but I will use those valuable links in future. The other thing I need are the cross bars, but what I found in ebay did not seem to fit the longitudinal bars on the Commander roof (small hole at either end, no open profile).
Thanks again,
Montaya (Bryan)
Old 20-03-2015
Senior Newbie

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Time to do an oil change, so my BIL goes to the Jeep dealer to buy a new engine oil filter. To his shock the list price for the Commander CRD engine oil filter element has more than doubled. Previously it was around $30 but Chrysler-Jeep Australia have revised the pricing.

Now the same engine oil filter is a staggering $83 each!

Has anyone tried ordering the filter from a Mercedes Benz dealer? Seems to me that the profit margin on the replacement Jeep oil filter element is exhorbitant and there must be other avenues to buy a replacement filter.
Old 20-03-2015
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Original filter manufacturer for Mercedes Benz/Chrysler is MANN
Mann oil filter p/n is HU821x
I buy through Sydney Filter Services http://www.sydneyfilters.com.au/oil-...aa-6421800009/ $40 for 2 filters delivered.
They also do transmission, Fuel & Air filters
Old 21-03-2015
Senior Newbie

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks for the info. The oil filter spare part from the Jeep dealer was simply a Mercedes Benz oil filter spare part with a Mopar sticker on it.

The Merc part number is clearly visible, part number A 642 180 00 09. I rang up my local Mercedes Benz dealership spare parts department to get a price. $15. Inclusive of tax. Paid via credit card. No extra charge for transaction under $20.

I don't know how Chrysler Jeep Australia get away with it, charging $65 more to put a sticker on a Mercedes Benz spare part. Grr!!

Last edited by tempestv8; 21-03-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply