'You pick the winch for us' poll. - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Technical
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

View Poll Results: Get this winch and get out there, use it and post pics.
Warn 8274-50 16 37.21%
Runva EWX9500-Q EVOLUTION Competition Model 11 25.58%
Warn XP-S 9.5 4 9.30%
Supercheap Ridge Ryder 9500lb 2 4.65%
Warn 9.5 CTI-s 10 23.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoobz View Post
Thanks for voting everyone.

Basically I got no patience, and have called it.
You showed more patience than I would have Obviously we will need to see pics when it is set up.
Old 29-06-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i voted 8274.

Have you considered a second hand unit, rebuilt with a new motor and wide drum to carry more cable. should run in around 2k?
Old 21-06-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

going to wait to Aldi have them again heard they are really good for the money.
Old 22-06-2014
Sideways Slammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I voted for the Warn 9.5CTI-s.
Its a pretty compact unit.
As I have an AEV front bar not all winch types will fit in so this one it was.
Old 22-06-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

There's a hi-mount on eBay for $800. I would have snapped it up but he won't ship it.
Old 14-07-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PI View Post
I wouls also go the Runva, and i bet Yanky Dave or myself would do a better price for forum members than shoreline will
another option is the dual motor setup on the runva's. are you guys selling these? what price are you doing these for forum members? As long as runva holds by their warranty hard to beat. i got the 9500q as dave (uneek) had a 3 week wait on an evo and i needed it that weekend.

if resale value is worth it to you, then you cant beat the warn high mount. low mounts just aren't worth anything used. but would like to see more people trying the runva with the 2 up kit. maybe that should be in there. would be had for cheaper than the warn high mount, fits a heap of cable and would be way quicker than a STANDARD warn high mount.
Old 14-07-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

on top of that. the q evo can be had from uneek with your AJOR discount for $765. seems like everyone is doing the 2 up adapter for 1250. hopefully magnum pi or uneek will do the same price then beat it by 10% again. that means 1125 for the 2 up adapter
the motor surely couldnt be more then $400. $400 gets you a brand new 6hp bow motor so you would expect the runva ones for less than that.

so q evo winch: 765
2 up kit: 1125
extra motor: 400

don't know if additional solenoid is needed, but thats a twin motor brand new setup for around $2300 with lifetime warranty and 5 year electrical warranty. would have to be pretty quick.