Cargo Barrier - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-03-2008
W.A Moderator

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bought a s/h unit off ebay to suit the VX commodore and custom made some brackets to suit... just bolted to the rear seatbelt mounts.... easy AND cheap
Old 18-03-2008
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Will the VT one fit the same as a VX one?
Old 07-09-2008
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default help with vx barrier pics etc

Hi guys
Bought a brand commodore vx barrier never been used or fitted for 30 dollars what a bargin of ebay complete with fitting equipment.

Does any one have photos or instruction on where to fit into a 94 sports.

Tis a milford barrier
Old 10-09-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD View Post
I bought a s/h unit off ebay to suit the VX commodore and custom made some brackets to suit... just bolted to the rear seatbelt mounts.... easy AND cheap
do you have a picture of the barrier installed.
Im curious as to how it fits and what the brackets are like.
I need to get a cargo barrier but need to be able to mount it rear and forward like "junglejuice"
Old 10-09-2008
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

With mine it has mounts up inside the rear handgrips for the front uppers with little plastic fold down covers, I assume that these are a Milford part but seeing that I had it done I don't know for sure. The rear upper mounts are fitted up inside the plastic trim and pokes down with a tab that has a nut welded in it for the cargo barriers arms to attach to. The lowers have a hole drilled through the floor with a plate attached to the under side on the floor inside the chassis rail and this is what the lower arms attach to, it has two different lenght lower arms for the two positions and you use the appropriate length for the position the others simply fold out of the way. I also have a fire exstinguisher attached to rear of it incase of emergencies.....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 10-09-2008
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Junglejuice sounds good. Do you have a couple of pics you could send would be much appreciated
Old 10-09-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

good stuff Junglejuice
any pics would be great.

When the barrier is in a the forward position.
I'm assuming the bottom rear seat is removed.?
When the back is folded down, How do you keep it secured down?
Post New Thread  Reply