KJ CRD Renegade for sale to good home - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-12-2010
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default KJ CRD Renegade for sale to good home

G'day guys,

***update - sold!***

It's time for my little truck to go!

Name: affectionately known as JeepJeep
2005 KJ Cherokee Renegade Pack
Diesel, Auto. Can run in FT 4wd, PT 4wd or RWD only.

Factory Options:
Renegade pack incl: flat top bonnet and grille, fat roof rails, diff alloys, rock rails, evic...
Dual front and side airbags (pointless really as we all know that jeeps do not crash, rather they roll over all the obstacles in their way and are nimble enough to dodge any errant mad nissota drivers), anti-lock brakes, air-conditioning, trip computer, cruise control, remote central locking,and six-CD audio.

How far:
166K, full service history. Mainly long country commuting miles.

Looks good bro?:
VGC, only minor cosmetic damage like stone chips etc.
Reliable - all the KJ mods have been done as I was intending to hang on to it.

Bling (known to my wife as 'necessary repairs' because... ah the old bumper bar was broken so i had to buy a new bullbar... ):

- ARB deluxe winch bullbar
- CRDStu 2" (really 2.5") lift all round with extra HD rear coils
- Cooper ST 245/75R16 tyres at about 75%
- Provent filter
- tow pack
- All breathers extended
- Full skid plate package, front, trans, transfer case, fuel tank
- Rock Rails, roof cross bars
- Electrical connections to rear for aux batt
- 4 power points in rear cargo area
- Extra interior lights etc in cargo area
- Steel shelf 'drawer' in the rear cargo area
- Switchgear for front spots, rear spots...

I've done the cambelt service and replaced the acc belt etc. New alternator pulley, new viscous coupling fan, full trans, diff service, samco turbo hoses, all TSBs, speedo recal...

Been offroad a few times, but nothing too heavy-duty (stuff like touring in the flinders etc)

Selling your Jeep traitor! Why?!:
Relocating to Norway (they drive on the wrong side of the road), so both my Jeeps and Jeep gear has to go (before the new year).

I'll consider trades or swaps - but only if you have a Jeep for me in Norway. And said Jeep must have a heater coz it's -18C there. (so no dodgy WGs with busted blend doors eh!)

Where at and for how long?
Melbourne - near the Flemington Racecourse and Melbourne Showgrounds for the next two weeks, then probably left as an orphan (with his WH Grand brother) at my old's place near the airport.

Last edited by loric; 07-01-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: update
Old 16-12-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Somebodies going to get a great little truck there Eric.

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 16-12-2010
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Wish I was a collector Eric, it would go into my big shed (who knows you might want it back one day). After one winter there you will be dying to get back here, and -18C will be a balmy day in mid-winter.

After 28 years in Canada I can offer you this advice: Whatever you buy over there make sure it has a good block heater, battery heater, and you have a powered parking space. Freezing door locks are a major pain so it must have remote locking/unlocking but you'll still need to get some of the alcohol based lock de-icer. Other must haves: Tungsten studded snow tyres if they still allow them (they chew up the road surface in summer if left on), and a good remote start system (press the button from the warmth of your home and the vehicle starts itself and turns on the heater!).

You'll be back.
Old 16-12-2010
Rated the trail

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts

-18C wow and I thought sleeping in the scrub in Canberra under a hootchie for a few days in winter was bad........ YOU"LL DEFINATELY BE BACK!!
Old 16-12-2010
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

haha - that's not too cold... i think....

I hike a fair bit and have snow camped out the back of Falls Ck and Mt Bogong a few times. Coldest i've experienced is -7C. Not too cold when you're in a tent all snug as a bug.
Bloody cold when you've got to bare your behind when nature calls and it's blowing snow onto bare skin (sensitive bare skin might i add).
Old 16-12-2010
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here's a pic off the top of west peak at Bogong...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0354.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	44613  
Post New Thread  Reply