OME or Ironman Shocks? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-08-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up OME or Ironman Shocks?

I'm going to be fitting a 2" lift kit in next couple of weeks, but am finding it hard to choose which lift kit package to go for. Have narrowed it down to Ironman $1320 fitted or OME $1550 fitted, surprisingly not a huge difference in price but $200 is still a lot of beer!
Does anybody have any recent recomendations/experance with both or either of these choices?
Have looked at a few sites and some rave about and others bag both, so what is best for a Cherokee?
Cheers, Simon
Old 26-08-2008
Pollie Waffle

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OME, but buy it from Quadratec and do it yourself
Old 26-08-2008
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dont use Iron Man, When i bought our patrol the previous owner fitted a iron man 2" lift.. within 3months of owning it the SWB sagged back to stock and the rear shocks started to squeel not long after.

I run OME and its been great for many years now..
Old 26-08-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I used Iron Man, got the kit for about $700 and fitted it myself. Drivers side has sagged about an inch and a half than passengers side at the back and I don't carry a spare tyre. Front springs are too firm and don't flex much off road, if you have to choose between the two then get OME. If I was going to do it again I'd get the Rubicon Express 3.5" SuperFlex from wooders.

Forgot to say it has been on for about a year now, drivers side is sitting about 1/2" over stock sport at the back and about 1" over stock sport at the front.

Last edited by Tims_Jeep; 26-08-2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: added detail
Old 26-08-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OME here on mine and have been very happy and trouble free. In saying that, i wish i had gone bigger

Is jeepless.

Now has a Prado and thinks no one will talk to him now :p
Old 26-08-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile

As TIMS JEEP said, go the rubicon 3.5 or even higher still. ive had an ironman 2" for bout 6mnths now with no probs... go higher, u wont regret it like i do now!!
i think approx goin bout 3.5"-4" u can get away not having to do SYE. depending on what u wanna do with urs applies as well.
Old 26-08-2008
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bought a 2" Iron Man lift kit for $950 and installed it myself. As others say they are much stiffer and sagged after a short while but spacers fixed the sag (see gojeep). My advice is go the OME or better if you have the spare cash especially if you carry delicate passengers.
Post New Thread  Reply