2005 Laredo 3.0 crd - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-12-2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2005 Laredo 3.0 crd

Have just taken the plunge and purchased a demo Laredo,4 months old and 7500 k's.
Previously test drove the new Pathfinder diesel but the Jeep killed it,power,ride,quieter,just a much better vehicle and a tad cheaper.
Can any CRD owners tell me where they have fitted their brake controller and UHF radio,knees almost touch under dash and would like to keep them out of the way if possible.
Also the temperature seems on the high side compared to my previous car,just below 1/2 way.
Any info greatly appreciated.
Cheers,Dick
Old 22-12-2005
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Temperature on jeeps is just under or on 1/2 way no problem
don't know the dash lay out on the WH - have mine on far left hand side under driver steering wheel on the WG
Old 27-12-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awesome car, Dick. I'm sure you'll love it.

If you use a radio with a remote head unit, you can install the main unit behind the knee blocker. That's the panel below the steering column - it just pulls straight down towards you.

By the way, 7500 k's makes the Laredo a second hand car. If they told you it was a demo you may be able to take legal action. 5000kms is the absolute limit to be able to descibe the car as a "demo".

Good luck with your new beast - let us know how she goes !
Old 10-01-2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just completed our 1st decent trip,Geelong to Toowoomba and return,about 3300 k's.
A few complaints are cruise control dropped out at least a dozen times on hitting bumps,suspension reminds me of an old tank Fairlane,wallows and hops about on the goat track called the Newell Highway,piddly fuel tank,too much plastic and too little storage places.
The plusses are good seats,visibility and gearbox plus that motor,absloutely bloody incredible,previous car was an XR6 and the Jeep was at least as good overtaking road trains,fantastic acelleration,fuel consumption varied from a best of 9.4 to a worst of 11.3 litres per 100k's.
For some reason we seemed to use more fuel the hotter it got,speed was constant,flat road and no wind to mention.
Summing up I'd have to say a pretty average 4WD made great by the motor,can't wait to see how it tow's our van.
Old 13-01-2006
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Engine controller will run the fuel system a little richer in hot conditions. A little more fuel can help keep temps under control.
Most Jeeps have crap shocks standard - no extra charge!
Strange how the cruise dropped out....never seen that before.
Old 13-01-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've done nearly 15,000 km on mine now and sort-of agree with a lot of your assessment. The cruise control does tend to drop out on bumpy roads for me - but so far only when towing the camper trailer or caravan. The fuel guage has plummeted from full to empty a few times but comes back by itself pretty soon.

I agree with the suspension - it does wallow a bit, but then so did my Patrol until I replaced the factory setup. A couple of options exist (or soon will) for the Jeep's suspension. King Springs have a set of replacement springs, about 35% stiffer I believe with a 50 mm lift. Beta testing at the moment, not sure when they will be released. Opposite Lock say they have a 25mm lift kit available now and ARB are working on an Old Man Emu system which might be available end of January.

Ground clearance offroad is definitiely an issue but the suspension upgrades should fix that. Coil-Rite also have a air helper kit available now.

I have found that off-road performance in low range is brilliant (as long as clearance is not counted!) - the combination of the engine and transmission is superb.

Very, very happy so far. Previous vehicle was a GU Patrol 4.2 TD - no comparison at all.

Kevin

2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.0 CRD
Old 13-01-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can anyone confirm what low first ratio is on the WH? Jan 06 4X4 has it at 20.40; is this a misprint or is that correct?
Post New Thread  Reply