What could we do to improve things? - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > AUSJEEP Updates and News
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

how about donate a part ? where that part has been staring back at you and the question goes through the mind should I or shouldn't I ? , and if (and only if) someone can spare the time to store and mail . and or have pick up .

and how about old posts ? where in my mind bend have started so many but I can not remember what the hell I started ? and maybe just maybe , a start of lend a tool ? where I stock (of sorts ) a tool can be borrowed with a deposit + mail and a slight fee the tool can be borrowed .I know if the scanner im buying works I would lend it out for a few people who needs , boots and rubbers , what a hassle with trying to get them , nothing worse when a cv busts open and DAM cant get one due to position ?

the only thing I see listed in the trade is t shirts , and stickers , and even if I try to buy what the heck goes on with the login bit ? pulling together as a force is a thing and leaving the polatics behind , there is nothing worse in clubs or anything of such . and mopar oil just how hard to get ? and people going around saying this works and that works , I know for a fact if you use a certain type of oil in a engine you may as well throw the money into drink , (like a waste you only pee it out later and pay more for head ache cure) it costs me 128 bucks for 5 litres of ATF+4 and then some to courier , if I had a brand new auto without being infected by the first oil placed in , I certainly would use mopar , but people don't understand that YOU CAN NOT JUST DRAIN AND REFILL , unless you strip it clean it and replace every solenoid and seal and clutch and torque converter . people add and wonder why problem start , and the saying goes : whats first used use every time .
pulling together accomplishes a great lot . just having people doing the right by each other.
Old 04-01-2015
Jedi Master

Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Great Idea mate but you might get burnt.

There are Saints and Sinner Mongrels alike out there.

I'm still chasing a $2100 unit that was lent to a "mate". It's been four months trying to get it back.

A neighbour borrowed my leaf blower/sucker and broke the bag holder.. any apologies? You guessed it. A big fat NO.
Old 04-01-2015
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

Yes 99 Honest people and one scumbag.... guess who will spoil it for the rest ?

Emergency help - interesting idea, but have a look on FB to see the sort of advice given, for every good suggestion there's 1000 ill informed "could be" that at best waste time. As is usual with the Web, sorting out the wheat from the chaff is challenging.
Old 04-01-2015
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGW View Post
Great Idea mate but you might get burnt.

There are Saints and Sinner Mongrels alike out there.

I'm still chasing a $2100 unit that was lent to a "mate". It's been four months trying to get it back.

A neighbour borrowed my leaf blower/sucker and broke the bag holder.. any apologies? You guessed it. A big fat NO.
when money is involved (like a deposit) it seems to bring people around to the right track , but that being said , there are still those who will not do the right thing , even with a deposit , just like a magpie or crow where shiny things (or a woman to shiny jewelry or a bloke to shiny paint ) and when it comes to tools mine seem to walk on there own when people are around ( or little dam dogs) just like a hire place where you leave a deposit , and if for some reason it comes back a different tool , NO deposit back . it takes a lot to set up , and there are laws to follow , but still not impossible , but also a collection of parts where all people on the forum can go rather than waiting for blasted USA and import wait . I have sitting here complete doors , tailgate , guards, bonnet , so on , and all bloody sitting waiting for the dog to make a house out of , a complete 4.7L with either a broken skirt or a broken timing guide , just going to waste . so on so on . if people on the forum pulled together , it would be in fact a wonderful thing , but I know I know . there will be always some that will F**K IT for all . just a thought I guess.
Old 04-01-2015
CrawlerStar

was it a talon blower vac ?
I have spares for that type
Old 12-01-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts
Cool

I Think Facebook will never functionally replace forums because you can have compartmentalised topics of interest. I am Solutions Architect for a cloud computing platform and one of the things I have observed about people (users), is that they get drawn towards what ever is shiniest even if it is not as good. Modern UI (user interfaces) are white and clean, and have been researched to be more pleasant.

For that reason, I would suggest a facelift of the site with a new skin and perhaps an upgrade of the vBulletin engine from 3.8.7 to the newest version (v5). A cleaner more usable look will give people no reason to be drawn to the the shiny evils of FB. It sounds superficial but a clean new look has a strong psychological effect on people.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 13-01-2015
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetnblurt View Post
how about donate a part ?

the only thing I see listed in the trade is t shirts , and stickers , and even if I try to buy what the heck goes on with the login bit ?
Donation panel is on the main page left panel, don't wish to force down peoples throat.

Make donation? Click Here

As for the merch, the login isn't the forums login, its separate software, but we are looking at migrating it across this year.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply